2004 XTerra - Adventure Rig

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
I've got some H3 PIAA 55W Plasma Ion Crystal Yellows sitting in some lights I'm not using anymore. The lights were originally on the Xoskel roof bar in the center two tabs. The bulbs are yours if you want em, just pay for shipping.

Richard, that'd be great man!

I'll PM you on Facebook.

"Adventure is out there."
-Russell, Pixar's Up

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
On the topic of these lights, I've got an idea brewing. I want to put the yellow H3 lights in my PIAA fog lights. On amazon, you can pick them up for $20 a pair, but the PIAA branded ones are way more. I know PIAA is good quality. Think it's worth giving the $20 pair a shot?

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
I'd give it a shot. I mean, $20 isn't bad. That's about he usual pair for Hella 500s.

-Russell, Pixar's Up

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
So I've been thinking...

As a water source, why not line the interior walls of my Gobi with PVC, and create a tap or some sort of filter point near the back end? Back end in case of branches knocking it off, etc.

Not sure on the safety of drinking out of PVC, but it can hold a lot of liquids...

I wish I had a better picture, but it's too cold outside, and I found this one.

d4eff7a0d32a958c8398cfae96dad1e6.jpg

-Russell, Pixar's Up

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
The hell happened to your tool box?!

Also, I like that water storage idea. I've been thinking about it all morning. There are rear bumpers made by AEV for Wranglers that hold 4-5 gallons of water. I can't find what the lining is made of. Maybe you just need some BPA-free PVC :D

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
Parking garage, low overhang while backing up. :(

I tried to shape it back with a rubber mallet, but it wasn't he same. It would've lost its locking and water proofing capabilities anyways, so I trashed it.

Also, another reason I want a drill, so I can throw another one on there. Great for tarps, and my limb risers! Sure do miss it.

I have seen bumpers that offer water tanks, which is an interesting concept. I figured that if the PVC was low profile enough, I'd still be able to throw boxes and whatnot up there. Not wanting TOO much liquid on the roof, could shift weight when traversing.

-Russell, Pixar's Up

SRStaff

Observer
Could try to see if you can set a water tank up where the OEM spare tire location is and make a skid to protect it.

DSwafford

Observer
Truck looks great sir! Piaa makes great products but if you can get similar results from the $20 eBay ones then give it a shot

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
Truck looks great sir! Piaa makes great products but if you can get similar results from the $20 eBay ones then give it a shot

Hey! Great to see you on this side of the fence. Thanks for he compliment; still a build in progress.

-Russell, Pixar's Up

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
I had the ultra, high-quality camera from work today (Canon 5D), and wanted to at least get some shots of the tires. Unfortunately, It was raining all this morning. Maybe later today.

Side%20Profile_zps4fnaroxq.png

Front_zpsqnmzem19.png

BFG_zpspikbtghd.png

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
Ugh, I'm ready to get some dirt on these things. School has been kicking my butt.

-Russell, Pixar's Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior