Kia sorento

donaldcon

Adventurer
I have no evidence to support the theory but I'm betting he used a montero arb.

I've had my rear apart and the measurements are really similar.

User bopoh is a friend of mine and has montero and some spare housings. Im.going to try to get a spare kia rear and see if I can make a hybrid

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
I can't seem to move on from this idea, especially after finding that a manual transmission is available. There are 3 in my area that have a manual trans, fairly low miles, well maintained examples, and 2 advertise having the lsd. The third doesn't say. They're all around 7k, which is more than a WJ, equal to a cheap WK. My biggest concern is how much I would lose by throwing 3k into it only to hate it and have it be worth 4k because I "ruined" it for others. Wife would kill me for that one.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I can't seem to move on from this idea, especially after finding that a manual transmission is available. There are 3 in my area that have a manual trans, fairly low miles, well maintained examples, and 2 advertise having the lsd. The third doesn't say. They're all around 7k, which is more than a WJ, equal to a cheap WK. My biggest concern is how much I would lose by throwing 3k into it only to hate it and have it be worth 4k because I "ruined" it for others. Wife would kill me for that one.

7000 is way way way to much imo. Maybe things just cost alot more where you are at but
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5429281663.html

Here in Ohio you can grab them all day long for between 2 and 3000. The most of them are all those because there are a whole lot that came with the manual trans I would love to have a manual in mine
I

Was the 3.5 available with a manual?

donaldcon

Adventurer
Probably very tough. If I had to guess most who ordered heated seats got the auto.

I'm not sure what was standard with the ex vs lx models.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
There are certain vehicles that are much more expensive here in Seattle. To the point that I could fly somewhere and drive back and still save a grand. Sorento is probably one of those. Any jeep or Subaru is ridiculous.

donaldcon

Adventurer
Yes I figured that may be the case there's a guy I know afrom Washington that sells old garden tractors for 700 and I sell them for $100 here in Ohio there's a huge price difference on everything from one coast to the next

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
There are certain vehicles that are much more expensive here in Seattle. To the point that I could fly somewhere and drive back and still save a grand. Sorento is probably one of those. Any jeep or Subaru is ridiculous.

Back when I worked at Toyota there was a statistic along the lines of roughly 70% of 4wd/awd vehicles being sold in the US were sold in 5 states with the other 30% spread out across the country, and WA I believe was #1 in new Subaru sales overall. So given the climate and lack of rust up your way I can see why some vehicles retain a bit more value.

donaldcon

Adventurer
e5adf3fcf38cb819b19cf7ddfe9b7790.jpg

Well look what showed up today

7d6aa591a4082ddf56d6c5f29610067c.jpg

And look what was spotted on the trail gear Facebook page

f304b181b4cd78f0043d36dad314b82d.jpg

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Those tires could use some braces to close those toothy gaps.

I believe the phase is "Even bad publicity is better then none at all." Congrats on getting noticed. What are they paying you to advertise with your misfortune? Was Trail Gear equipment used in the extraction? If not, they may be in violation of US advertising laws.

J/K, I've been a f'ee too much today and decided to be a f'er.

donaldcon

Adventurer
Those braceless teeth will.dig real nice ;)

54811e74ab6e605897a956f144d45720.jpg

I have trail gear toyota sliders. They are giving away some recovery gear and my pic is in the contest. Hopefully I win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior