Sleeping Arrangements

Ultralite

Adventurer
I had a setup figured out for my 01 Burb but never took any pictures. But, it was a work in progress anyway. I'm about to set it up again. I bought a CVT awning and add-a-room. I haven't used the add a room yet but the awning is great.

I have a hatch tent that provides a shower room. I put a solar shower bag up on the roof in the warmer months.

For screens on Windows I recommend "skeeter beeters".

I can't get over what a great platform the Burb can be. A smooth interstate ride that transitions to a capable off roader, with space to sleep in...

WanderingJim

View attachment 328605View attachment 328606View attachment 328607View attachment 328608

I used to be Sleeping out of the back of the truck on a double air mattress it fit perfectly with the back seat down and gave me a nice place to put my duffle bag beside the spare tire, now I have my roof top tent and I couldn't be happier

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but BlackPearl, I've got a '96 2-door Tahoe and would like to learn more about your truck. Did you mount your RTT to the factory rack?

justcuz

Explorer
I wonder if a cooling fan the size of a computer fan would move enough air to keep condensation under control?

Ultralite

Adventurer
I wonder if a cooling fan the size of a computer fan would move enough air to keep condensation under control?
I've been wanting to try this very idea. Depending on the weather conditions it may not over come the moisture but it seems like a quiet, low power way to move air without taking up a lot of room.

rayra

Expedition Leader
most 4" / 120mm computer case fans move on the close order of 100cu'/minute. A suburban is about 140cu'.

There are many 'silent' computer case fans with ball bearings in this size category (or larger if you want). They run about $10-20 and would be easy to attach to any sort of interior mount or in a window-filling panel. They're 12v native and draw very little current. Be easy to wire them to a cig lighter adapter.

panaflo was an excellent brand, I'm not sure what the new hotness is.

eta you could even add a rheostat to your mounting and have a variable speed fan.

justcuz

Explorer
most 4" / 120mm computer case fans move on the close order of 100cu'/minute. A suburban is about 140cu'.

There are many 'silent' computer case fans with ball bearings in this size category (or larger if you want). They run about $10-20 and would be easy to attach to any sort of interior mount or in a window-filling panel. They're 12v native and draw very little current. Be easy to wire them to a cig lighter adapter.

panaflo was an excellent brand, I'm not sure what the new hotness is.

eta you could even add a rheostat to your mounting and have a variable speed fan.

Good info on the CFM and rheostat. I use them in my cabinets of the entertainment center to help keep the components cooler.

jeep670

Adventurer
If you have ryobi 18v tools, you can pick up one of theseView attachment 333270
I have one of these. It's great and not noisy at all. Runs about 6 hours on the small grey ryobi tool battery. It would probably run 9+ hours on the bigger one (which I don't have so I can't say). And it also plugs to 110V with an extention cable when power is available.

Last edited:

Bojak

Adventurer
I have one of these. It's great and not noisy at all. Runs about 6 hours on the small grey ryobi tool battery. It would probably run 9+ hours on the bigger one (which I don't have so I can't say). And it also plugs to 110V with an extention cable when power is available.
I use these with the extended life lithium batteries (big grey ones) and the will go all night. Set 2 up in the back of the truck in the camper shell and we slept in luxury. I also have spotlights, laterns, inflators, and radio that are all compatible. This is the route I went for my camping gear. I also have a car charger for trips. stuff works good.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
I use of sleep in he back of my Yukon alot, no pics sorry, but I just rolled out foam padding and sleeping bags. As for air movement I used 2 walmart trucker fans plugged into cig lighter with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier