Mac GPS tracklog editor?

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I'm looking for a Mac app that can download tracklogs from my GPS, allow me to edit those logs (usually just trim the fat), and save them as a GPX. Waypoint handling would be nice too. Nothing too fancy.

On my PC, I use GPS Trackmaker, which features pretty intuitive track log manipulation. Just draw a box around the points to select, hit delete, and POOF! - they're gone. Great way to truncate GPS tracks. Alas, this app isn't available for Mac.

I also like EasyGPS for PC for its ease-of-use, but it doesn't manipulate tracks very well if at all. I'm only mentioning it because its the type of app that I'm looking for.

Any recommendations? :)

vdeal

Observer
For editing tracklogs I think you're going to need any app that can download the data as a gpx. Then use Mac GPSBabel to convert to comma delimited and clean it up in a text editor or Excel or OpenOffice and then use GPSBabel to convert it back into a gpx.

Crazyfish

Here's a link to all the info I've collected for Mac's and a few online converter utilities. It's over at our club forum. Mac and GPS

If you have something else to add, I'd love to hear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles