2000 Ford Revcon on eBay

Healeyjet

Explorer
GNTY, totally agree on the 15 years. Two things we ran in to.

1) The original owner of this unit was the owner of Revcon. He never titled the camper until 2010. There is also no certificate of compliance plate on the truck that shows it was completed in 2000. RIV would not allow it to be imported.

From Transport Canada.
"Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) may use whatever information is being provided by the importer as proof of age, to obtain a satisfactory level of comfort that the age of the vehicle presented at importation is valid and that the importer's declaration "matches" that of the vehicle being declared.
- The age of a vehicle is primarily determined by the date of manufacturing (month/year) as noted on the vehicle's statement of compliance label affixed by the manufacturer.
- Vehicle identification;
o Vehicles with a VIN: The VIN is the most common way to match a vehicle to its paperwork but some older vehicles may only have serial numbers in place of a VIN.
o Vehicles without a VIN: To have been registered in the past, such older vehicles would have required some sort of unique serial number identifying them. Whatever serial number is available either affixed, engraved, embossed, printed, labeled on the vehicle etc., that clearly identifies and matches the vehicle to its paperwork, should suffice to identify the vehicle.

Matching a vehicle to its age: CBSA may use any kind of paperwork provided, such as a title, a registration, a bill of sale, a service invoice, a vehicle history report, a speeding ticket dated 15+ years ago, etc.), that proves that the "referenced vehicle" meets the age exemption.
- When no identification markings whatsoever exist on a vehicle that can be used to validate the age of the vehicle and there is no other document that would otherwise be deemed satisfactory to determine the age of the vehicle, the vehicle (including trailers) does not qualify for importation using the "non-regulated due to age" exemption.
How to determine admissibility for formerly regulated vehicles that would normally meet the age exemption but have been modified:"

2) Revcon is not on the Registrar of Imported Vehicles list of vehicles that is allowed to come into Canada.

Trust me, at $35,000 ( the price the seller was asking last year) I tried every way to get it registerable in Canada. I even considered registering it in the USA and leaving it down there. No go. I hit a brick wall at every turn.

If you have a half hour google Ray Novelli. Ray was the owner of Revcon and quite an interesting fellow.

Ward

GNTY

Adventurer

1) The original owner of this unit was the owner of Revcon. He never titled the camper until 2010. There is also no certificate of compliance plate on the truck that shows it was completed in 2000. RIV would not allow it to be imported.

From Transport Canada.
"Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) may use whatever information is being provided by the importer as proof of age, to obtain a satisfactory level of comfort that the age of the vehicle presented at importation is valid and that the importer's declaration "matches" that of the vehicle being declared.
- The age of a vehicle is primarily determined by the date of manufacturing (month/year) as noted on the vehicle's statement of compliance label affixed by the manufacturer.
o Vehicles with a VIN: The VIN is the most common way to match a vehicle to its paperwork but some older vehicles may only have serial numbers in place of a VIN.
o Vehicles without a VIN: To have been registered in the past, such older vehicles would have required some sort of unique serial number identifying them. Whatever serial number is available either affixed, engraved, embossed, printed, labeled on the vehicle etc., that clearly identifies and matches the vehicle to its paperwork, should suffice to identify the vehicle.

Matching a vehicle to its age: CBSA may use any kind of paperwork provided, such as a title, a registration, a bill of sale, a service invoice, a vehicle history report, a speeding ticket dated 15+ years ago, etc.), that proves that the "referenced vehicle" meets the age exemption.
- When no identification markings whatsoever exist on a vehicle that can be used to validate the age of the vehicle and there is no other document that would otherwise be deemed satisfactory to determine the age of the vehicle, the vehicle (including trailers) does not qualify for importation using the "non-regulated due to age" exemption.
How to determine admissibility for formerly regulated vehicles that would normally meet the age exemption but have been modified:"

2) Revcon is not on the Registrar of Imported Vehicles list of vehicles that is allowed to come into Canada.

Trust me, at $35,000 ( the price the seller was asking last year) I tried every way to get it registerable in Canada. I even considered registering it in the USA and leaving it down there. No go. I hit a brick wall at every turn.

If you have a half hour google Ray Novelli. Ray was the owner of Revcon and quite an interesting fellow.

Ward

Ya I can see a couple red flags there just with title issue. After 15+ years registrar of imported vehicles admissibility list and RIV is goners. Sad to hear that happened. But you've got a perfect rig built non the less. Great job on that, it's being built 15 min from me. Sportsmobile isn't on the list either, but as soon as that 15 year to the month was up had no issues, it was 4wd converted as well and door badge classified as unfinished, being finished at sportsmobile. I've brought over some real odd balls over.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Yes the red flags were just too hard to ignore
It seems there is quite a group of Expo guys in southern Alberta
Ward

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

From Transport Canada.

Ward

Interesting and colorful as in "would you like an orange jumpsuit or black and white stripes".

GNTY

Adventurer
The truck it self would have a label right from ford with all the specs and date manufactured for the chassis in the driver door. It would likely even say "incomplete vehicle" same as sportsmobile. That alone is good to get into Canada after 15 years. It is not being brought over as a "REVCON" but as a 2000 Ford F350. Exact same way my Sportsmobile 4x4 got in, they looked at nothing pertaining to its customization and alterations by sportsmobile, but solely on the door ID tag by Ford. All my paperwork was for a Ford E350 van, then they looked at build date to the month. It sounds like it was as you said, titled wrong. It needed to be titled according to the cab/Chassis date , not when he decided to go title it. I've had owners with mistakes and other things on titles that made it a big problem to bring across the border (Title and Bill of sale/vehicle info not matching), in each case i had the owner request a new title with the changes, of course proving why the change was needed. All cases it was done, but took time. Would have been some work, but doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior