To straight axle swap or not? Let's hear it.

SC Lucas

I have a 2000 S10 on 35's that I swapped front and rear wagoneer dana 44's into and the goal is to eventually have an overland rig. With changing out balljoints being the biggest thing I had ever personally done with my truck, It took me a week to strip the front suspension, steering, and get the front axle under the truck.. 2 weeks to have the truck running and driving around. All the work that was done to it (in my driveway with 95% hand tools) was after work and on weekends and a majority of that 2 weeks was waiting on some parts that I forgot and shop time to run a new rear brake line. There are a few different kits that can make a SAS a breeze and if you can weld/fab it'll be even easier! As for excluding leafs for coils because of articulation and ride quality, my truck has a smoother ride with leafs than it did with a tbar crank and if you go spring over you'll have PLENTY of articulation. Oh and 10k for a completed swap is a little much imo. I have two axles, fully geared, disc brake conversion on the rear, all the steering and suspension components needed, rims and tires, winch, andddd shop time for 2700. Custom bumpers and lockers will run me about 1200 more total. The junkyard will prove to be your biggest ally for your build if you want to be smart with your money. I'd never go back to IFS after having done this swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94