Headlamp assemblies

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Of course it's bulbs. This is a headlight discussion and Hella does not make replacement headlights for the '05 Ram. OP has an '05 Ram and I have an '05 Ram. I ordered my Hella capsules from Susquehanna Motorsports. Limited choices for the Dodge factory sockets. Also tried the Sylvania and Philips stuff from the local parts stores. Nothing helps much in those light assemblies because they are junk. Probably did not try the Hella 2.0 because those seem to be new and I have had my HIDs for about three years. The new Dodge trucks have better headlights.

yeah the 90s dodges had horrible light design. the ram sport made amens by using the 4 bulb housing that was much better. My 1998 Dakota was the same. horrible.

I have the 2.0s in my patriot and they are great. I have the truck lites in my JK and they are the best light I have seen for the 7" round crowd, and have seen EVERY respectable light offered. TLs are much better than the rest.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
The projectors are pretty darn good.
That's why I had to go to projectors retrofitted into a fresh set of stock housings. Not ideal, but the best there is for this generation of truck. I'd much rather have 7" round or quads of some sort with Philips HIR in both sockets, but then I wouldn't have a Power Wagon.
There are places on the '05 Dodge where one can mount small LEDs (Vision-X Solo or similar) or maybe even a pair of Hella euro projector low beams, but the cops around here will write tickets if you have too many individual light sources on at the same time, regardless of how bright (or not) they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94