100 Series Tires size & Suspension upgrade?

• Thread starter High Country Nomads
  • Start date
H

High Country Nomads

So I just bought my now 4th rig in the last decade. This is more for my wife since I have a beast of a 4Runner build happening, but at the end of the day, it's my next project. I bought what I think is a diamond in the rough. 2005 Land Cruiser in cherry condition with high miles for $9500.00 just outside Denver last night. Everything is stock and the older gentleman that owned her took perfect care with a shoe box of on time maintenance receipts. My first order of business is to take her in today and get some new rubber.

What is the largest size 18" tire I can put on her in stock form? I'm looking for an all terrain because of where we live. I have BFG KO2's on my TRD Pro and they are awesome.

I also want to get her slightly higher off the ground, maybe a 1" or 2" lift at most. Any suggestions?

I already bring my 2015 4Runner to Slee Offroad, so the LC will be heading there as well for a list of items.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If it's going to Slee already, I'd just talk with Christo and come up with a plan. I'm running OME medium coils in mine, and it gained around 2". Anything in a 33" tall and 10.5 wide range will (should) fit with factory offset with that set up.

This is how mine sits:
imagejpg2_zps45ea740f.jpg

Benc

Explorer
I would say 1 1/2" for a dd, the higher you go the worse the ride. The 275/70r18 ko2 should fit well and are very reasonably priced in that size, they measure 33.3x10.5 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

High Country Nomads

So the nearest Tire Shop to where I live said it could be 2 weeks to get the KO2's - Anyone have anything good to say about the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 275/70-18 ?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Check out the Cooper ST Maxx as well. I just put them on my 3500, and they are super quiet, great in snow and American made (if that means much to you). I will most likely put them on the 100 when my current BFG ATs wear out.

H

High Country Nomads

If it's going to Slee already, I'd just talk with Christo and come up with a plan. I'm running OME medium coils in mine, and it gained around 2". Anything in a 33" tall and 10.5 wide range will (should) fit with factory offset with that set up.

This is how mine sits:
imagejpg2_zps45ea740f.jpg

Thanks, I'm already bringing in my 4Runner to Slee on Tuesday for some winch & compressor add on's. I'll talk to them about the LC lift.

The_Dude

Adventurer
Check out the Cooper ST Maxx as well. I just put them on my 3500, and they are super quiet, great in snow and American made (if that means much to you). I will most likely put them on the 100 when my current BFG ATs wear out.

Coopers all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fooblahblah

So the nearest Tire Shop to where I live said it could be 2 weeks to get the KO2's - Anyone have anything good to say about the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 275/70-18 ?

I have DuraTrac's on both my Tacoma and Syncro. Love em! I don't know about the KO2's, but the DuraTrac seems better one ice (not that they're great) compare to the older KO's.

goblue

I've had the duratracs, have the ko2's and have only read great things about the stt pro, they're all great choices, but the ko2's are about $100 less a tire. 275/70's are what you're looking for.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I love my Goodyears on my 100, they're quiet and great in the snow.

I used a 30mm rear spring coil spacer kit from Slee and leveled my torsion bars up front. $50 and rides good.

apruitt9

Adventurer
I love my Goodyears on my 100, they're quiet and great in the snow.

I used a 30mm rear spring coil spacer kit from Slee and leveled my torsion bars up front. $50 and rides good.

Any driving issues after leveling with Tb's? Heard of some people having issues, thanks!

aausmana

Adventurer
I know it is a different animal but I run KO2's 305/65 18's on my 200 with spacers and love them. If you are using it as a DD it gives you the best of both worlds IMO. I was really debating between the DuraTracs but happy with my decision. I also see a lot of people running the ST Maxx now but have no experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior