Introduction

Texans Outdoors

TexansOutdoors.com
My name is Charlie from Houston.

I just found expedition portal and want to introduce myself. All I can say is "WOW!" This has to be the coolest site I've found.

We have have found ourselves in a position that the kids are grown and gone, we still healthy (50 is the new 30) and we have time. I want to piss of all of my savings while I'm still young enough to enjoy it and this site provides plenty of fuel for the fire.

We have quite a few Texas trips planned for this year; Big Bend, Guadalupe Mountains, Padre Island.

I look forward to posting some of our trips on here soon.

wildorange

Observer
Welcome Charlie,

From one newbie to another enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

Sent from my MoJ mobile tagging device

whec716

Observer
Hey Charlie,

I'm up in Spring. What is your expedition vehicle of choice? Wife and I currently both have Subaru's, but I'm considering a new Colorado.

Texans Outdoors

TexansOutdoors.com
Hey Charlie,

I'm up in Spring. What is your expedition vehicle of choice? Wife and I currently both have Subaru's, but I'm considering a new Colorado.

I feel I may be the odd man out here with a 99 Suburban 4x4. I just dropped in a new crate 5.7l, front end and working on the interior. I'm also in the process of building a camping trailer to haul my mountain bike and kayak.

We just got all of the kids out so I'm pretty much starting everything from scratch (again) lol.

whec716

Observer
def. not odd man out. I have a 15 crosstrek for now and the wife is in a 14 forester.

Where in Houston are you?

BlindWilly

TXpedition
Howdy from Arlington.
Big Bend is a must. I prefer the state park due to the fact it's a little more rugged and remote.
I'm trying to plan an overland trip there this Xmas-NYE.

There is a regional area of this forum and all the Texas folks tend to congregate in the "central states" area.
Go say hi in there and post pics of your rig.

heehawhardy

Adventurering
Welcome! Big Bend is amazing. I've only made it to the National Park, but it is so gorgeous out there. The Guadalupe Mountains is on my list!

I'm from the Lake Sam Raybourn area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles