Do you feel the need to be upset when you encounter an armed camper in the woods?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Then WHY even post in the first place? Because you just had to say "something" to make yourself feel better? Who is an idiot, everyone but yourself? I would not call this thread entertainment as some serious discussion has occurred. Unless you have some new information or a unique insight regarding the thread, why participate? Oh, maybe you're from the "everyone's a winner generation" and we all must respect the most inane and meaningless thoughts....... sorry..... I mean your post was the most awesome thing I ever read in my life!

I'm not the one who keeps trying to beat a dead horse in hopes of trying to get someone to accept my opinion/ideas....but good luck with that. Something about the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind here.

SigSense

Adventurer
I'm not the one who keeps trying to beat a dead horse in hopes of trying to get someone to accept my opinion/ideas....but good luck with that. Something about the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind here.

I don't care if you or anyone else accepts my opinions/ideas. They are firmly based in facts. I don't need any luck, as the founding fathers already wrote what I know to be true.

It would seem he is just upset that some folks won't take the bait and be lured into his argument, and I'm sure he doesn't like being considered entertainment by some as well.

What is the argument? What am I upset about? You and others have a hard time knowing/understanding certain issues.... and rather than make a contribution to the discussion, you think that witty quips will assist in your lack of intellect.

I see that this thread is flowing right along it's natural course.

All according to plan.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Campers not so bad. It's when the bears start sporting long guns and flannel that really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
I worry more about widow makers or warm beer than I do about who has a gun.

Klierslc

Explorer
Excellent, but you continue to write that we NEED to have a "discussion" about the gun problem in America. There is no gun problem, so your talking point is a non sequitur. Now if you believe mass media propagandists, then there's a gun murder in every home and school by-the-minute. The more you say that the public needs to "discuss" the problem---you give legitimacy to their lies. The opposite is true, in that the MORE guns that are sold/owned in America, the LESS crime there is.

Personally I am done arguing with those that seek to restrict/ban my Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. There comes a time when you just have to tell them to ********. There are already ways to lessen the issues we are discussing, but politicians/law enforcement/judicial system REFUSE to:

1. Follow the Constitution
2. Stop Political Correctness from affecting their ability to enforce the laws in-place
3. Confront the REAL people responsible for most of the problems, instead of attempting to make MORE useless laws/regulations that ultimately restrict MY rights

Good Lord, you told me that you understood the connections---and now you write that you don't "see" the connections? Yes my point is very logical, and backed by hard data. Just because you think the the 2nd Amendment has immediate effects when used wrongfully doesn't mean that the rest of America needs to "discuss" ways to curb their problems. Let me explain in a way that all military folks understand.... There used to be a saying whenever someone would screw up in the barracks, on post, or in town. That saying was "One dude sheites his pants---everyone has to wear a diaper". Meaning that when some Private or Corporal did something stupid, the Battalion Commander would advise the Command Sergeant Major to cancel everyone's weekend pass, instead of punishing that particular offender. You see that now in combat zones, where troops are wearing reflective belts. Reflective safety belts in a damn combat zone? Why? Because some E-1, E-2, or E-3 walked in front of a MRAP at Camp Bastion or Bagram. The analogy? A subsection of American society cannot control themselves and commit a MUCH larger percentage of gun crimes. So instead of punishing THAT particular subsection (like those pesky Privates/Corporals), the government (like that Battalion Commander and CSM) must punish everyone (the everyone is the rest of society).

Hope this assists.

If there are any accidental gun deaths, if there are any kids shooting up schools, if there are any people recklessly discharging firearms, then there IS a gun problem. As far as the rest of your first point, I have not stated those things--bringing others' opinions into the discussion does not help.
Agree on enforcing laws and limiting political correctness but as stated before, your ******** mentality simply makes you a villain and makes you appear to be someone who cannot reasonably discuss things. Also, you appear to NOT be done arguing as it seems to be ongoing.
Not much disagreement from me on this except for the part I highlighted. You do NOT punish that subsection, you punish the offenders and ONLY the offenders--you again are advocating restricting constitutional rights based on race while simultaneously beating your "follow the constitution" drum. Ridiculous.

SigSense

Adventurer
If there are any accidental gun deaths, if there are any kids shooting up schools, if there are any people recklessly discharging firearms, then there IS a gun problem. As far as the rest of your first point, I have not stated those things--bringing others' opinions into the discussion does not help.

OK, then using your logic:

1. If there are any kids recklessly using forks and spoons, gaining weight and causing a diabetes or obesity epidemic, the there IS a fork/spoon problem.
2. If there are any people getting on social media and telling lies, causing reckless looting/riots then there IS a internet problem.
3. If there are any people using their hands and feet to kill innocent citizens (this actually occurs MORE than the number of people killed with assault weapons annually), then there IS a foot/hand problem.
4. If there are any people using bats to beat others, then there IS a bat problem in America.
5. If there are any people crashing cars recklessly, then there IS a car problem.

You have fallen into their trap, and you believe their propaganda. Nothing can assist you if you can't rid yourself of the Cognitive Dissonance.

Agree on enforcing laws and limiting political correctness but as stated before, your ******** mentality simply makes you a villain and makes you appear to be someone who cannot reasonably discuss things. Also, you appear to NOT be done arguing as it seems to be ongoing.

Do you have children? When you TRY to assist them in understanding/learning something and they just can't seem to wrap their brains around the concept, are parents villains? You attempt to calmly educate them, like I'm doing with you.

Not much disagreement from me on this except for the part I highlighted. You do NOT punish that subsection, you punish the offenders and ONLY the offenders--you again are advocating restricting constitutional rights based on race while simultaneously beating your "follow the constitution" drum. Ridiculous.

Again you say that I'm being racist---when THAT is not the case. You get the concept partially. Punish the offenders only is precisely the correct tact. If a particular subsection that is committing a huge preponderance of certain crimes HAPPENS to be a certain race, that begs the question. If a certain race feels that it is racist to arrest them for rape/murder/theft (even though they are factually committing those crimes), does the judicial system act BLINDLY and keep a society safe? Or do they surrender to political correctness and Left/Liberal lies regarding the issue to garner larger voting blocks? Then while NOT enforcing the laws of the city/state those SAME politicians say we need to enact FURTHER restrictions on law abiding citizens to make everyone "feel" better? Are you aware that gun control in America is steeped in racism?

Have a look at this video regarding racism and gun control in America for some background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ydZVBxpHc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online