Coleman Stove/Grill?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Need to get set up for car camping, just got the Coleman portable kitchen, now I need a stove. I was an early convert to propane stoves back in the day when I did hiking trips... I had a $20 single burner propane stove when all my friends had fancy $100-200 mountaineering stoves. I was usually eating by the time they have finished pre-heating their fuel... :chef:

Anyway, these Coleman Stove-Grills seem like a great idea. I love to grill, don't want to carry a seperate grill however, seems overkill.

My only question is, can you put a pot or frying pan on the grille section? You know, for eggs and bacon simultaneously or whatever. I assume it would work fine, wondering if anybody has one?

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9922-A50&categoryid=2010

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
R_Lefebvre said:
Need to get set up for car camping, just got the Coleman portable kitchen, now I need a stove. I was an early convert to propane stoves back in the day when I did hiking trips... I had a $20 single burner propane stove when all my friends had fancy $100-200 mountaineering stoves. I was usually eating by the time they have finished pre-heating their fuel... :chef:

Anyway, these Coleman Stove-Grills seem like a great idea. I love to grill, don't want to carry a seperate grill however, seems overkill.

My only question is, can you put a pot or frying pan on the grille section? You know, for eggs and bacon simultaneously or whatever. I assume it would work fine, wondering if anybody has one?

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9922-A50&categoryid=2010

Coleman makes an griddle option that replaces the grill that will work great for your needs. The grill side does not put out enough heat for a pot like boiling water but if you looking to keep something warm or to simmer you will be OK. '

Link to the griddle.

travel dodge

Adventurer
I have had one since 2000 and love it. the only problem that I have had is there is no place to put the "regulator-tube" when storing the grill. I for awhile placed it in the stove under the grill so it was always together.. This can cause the tube to get blocked. Replacements for the tube are cheep and easy to find. I now have a few buddies that got the same grill after camping with me. For your question you can cook (simmer) with a pot on the grill side but it takes longer.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys, good info.

So, can I use the griddle for bacon and/or eggs? I assume it gets hot enough for that?

I can't imagine myself being in a position to be trying to boil two pots at once, so sounds like this would work well.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I have one of the Coleman grill/stove combo's. Been using it for around 5-6 years. It's an awesome stove! I can put a 10" frypan on the burner for eggs and cook sausages on the grill. It also came with a griddle that can replace the grill.
As long as you don't need 2 actual burners, you're good to go.

ExpoMike

LandCruiserPhil said:
Coleman makes an griddle option that replaces the grill that will work great for your needs. The grill side does not put out enough heat for a pot like boiling water but if you looking to keep something warm or to simmer you will be OK. '

Link to the griddle.

Phil, you rock. :bowdown:

The wife and I have been looking for a way to buy the griddle option but had not been able to find it. We have been happy with our stove/grill so far, outside of the flame adjustment being very sensitive.

Placed order for the griddle this morning. :sombrero:

Superu

Explorer
We use the fold-n-go & a 9.5 folding fry pan

Plenty of room for two 12" pots/pans, 10,000 btu output. Small, easy to stow and the bottle connector stores inside when closed.

yhst-80321473698985_2003_6517754
330336.jpg

wheelin62

Observer
I just got the match-lit version, and love it. Havent tried the griddle yet, I will this weekend. I got it with the Coleman kitchen table set up. Easy to setup and folds up very nicely. Highly recommend both.

hoser

Explorer
I have the Coleman grill/stove combo in post #1. IMO, the grill does not heat very evenly and the stove could use a few more BTU's. But I suppose if you could only have one stove, it does okay.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Used the stove last weekend and I'm happy. Yeah, the grille is not the best, the heat is uneven, but I was able to work with it and do a fine job on breakfast sausage, and burgers. You just need to pay attention to what's going on and it's fine.

The stove seemed to do fine to boil water in a backpacking sized pot. No problem making tortellini for 3.

I'll definitely have to get the griddle for pancakes though. I think that combo will be great.

Sure, the thing isn't perfect, but if you want to pack one do-all unit, this is it.

Conrad_Turbo

Observer
I ended up picking the same gas stove/grill combo in the first post a few days ago. Bought a 5lb propane tank along with extension hose, DON'T buy the Coleman extension hose unless you want to pay double the price... I found an extension hose for $15 next to the propane tanks that are the exact same as the $35 Coleman extension hose.

Nice to know there is a griddle option out there, will probably see if I can find it locally, if not I'll be ordering it as well. :D

ExpoMike

I got my griddle in from Coleman. Just need a chance to get out and use it now. Should be sweet. :luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles