2017 TRD Pro Tacoma

Scott Brady

Founder
This truck is awesome. We enjoyed driving it all the way to Prudhoe Bay earlier this winter. Here is my initial review

Some of the cool new hardware:
Rigid Industries LED fog lights
Fox Front Internal Bypass Shocks tuned by TRD engineers
1-inch taller front coil springs.
Fox Rear Shocks with remote reservoir and progressive leaf springs
TRD Front Skid Plate (1/4-inch Aluminum)
TRD Exhaust
Locking rear differential, multi-terrain select and crawl control
16-inch TRD wheels with 1-inch wider track
Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar All-Terrain Tires

It was fun to go back up to the Arctic in a Tacoma - good memories of my first trip north with the 2004 TRD Tacoma

http://expeditionportal.com/exclusive-test-2017-tacoma-trd-pro-review/

SX_ARCTIC_TRD_PRO_TACOMA0008.jpg

SX_ARCTIC_TRD_PRO_TACOMA0011.jpg

Images by Sinuhe Xavier

p nut

butter
Just read the article. Nice work. If it had TRD sliders, and maybe a winch, it would be a complete package.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Wow, NICE! Finally Toyota made a vehicle I would buy. Got rid of the ******** bilstien yellows that afflicted every other TRD and went with fox. Great choice. Quick question was is the stock tire size on it?

Scott Brady

Founder
I just read the banner story ( http://expeditionportal.com/exclusive-test-2017-tacoma-trd-pro-review/ ) and then saw this thread. I realize people make their own luck but Scott, Lucky Guy! Kudos on landing the Tacomas for a first review.

What did you think of the Tacoma's new engine? I really like my 4.0L in my 2005 4Runner.

The 4.0L is a great engine. One of the more noticeable advantages of the 3.5L is the new 6-speed automatic transmission. It keeps the motor in the meat of the power band for more of the acceleration cycle, so this truck really does feel strong. I still cannot believe the fuel economy in stock form. We could get 24mpg at 55mph. The biggest test for the drivetrain will be when we load these trucks up with accessories and larger tires. I am curious how that will affect the mileage.

Box Rocket

Very impressed with the specs and new changes! I'm sure it will come at a premium price but that's to be expected I guess with a premium truck. Would love to get one of these but alas it will be a while.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
best part of that video was when they showed the truck driving on pavement and under it, it said professional driver do not attempt. Damn guys we are SOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier