Camp Chef Denali Pro-3X

Looking at this stove to replace a Coleman 2 burner . Anyone else have one of these , I tend to cook for a large group and this seems to fit the bill. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated .

tarditi

Explorer
It's a freakin' flame thrower! It puts out tons of BTUs - we used them with scout outings (cooking for 100+ people).

It's a huge benefit to have the commercial-style griddle top making 300 pancakes in the morning! :)

762X39

Explorer
We have the same thing (purchased at Costco ) at the cottage. The burners run super hot as was mentioned. If your going to use a griddle on it, make sure it's made of really thick material and watch your heat. It seems geared to cooking for large groups. Ours works very well, we have had it for over 10 years.:coffee:

Last edited:
The one I'm looking at comes with Camp Chefs griddle . I tend to cook for any were between 10 and 20 mostly grown men so it sounds like it is just what I am looking for .

damon1272

Observer
The Camp Chef griddle is great and heats pretty evenly. Just be careful of the setting on the burners as they will torch just about anything. Very happy with the camp chef grills. Have a 3 burner at home with a 2 burner grill and 1 burner griddle. Works great. Have two of the expedition stoves for cub scouts that works well. Highly recommended.

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
I have the Camp Chef Explorer two burner stove and I love it! I actually have two of them - one to take with me on camping trips and one that stays set up in my backyard permanently!

The cautions above about selecting the right griddle for the Camp Chef are well founded. Most are made with thin sheet steel (1/8" thick or less) or with cast iron. Thin steel and any cast iron will have extreme hot spots, especially when subjected to the 30,000 BTU burners on the Camp Chef. There will be a high probability that your food will get burned before you even figure out what is happening. With thin sheet steel, there is not enough thermal mass to conduct heat away from the flame to other areas of the griddle. Cast iron has very poor heat conductivity, so the heat from the flame stays localized no matter how thick it is. Stainless steel also has problems with heat conductivity and that is why restaurants use stainless griddles of at least 1" thick. SS griddles are either clean or they're not - they cannot be seasoned.

The best griddle material is carbon steel plate of at least 1/4" thickness. It seasons very well and it it almost impossible to burn anything due to its extreme heat conductivity (heat from the flame is transferred very quickly from the area over the flame to other areas of the griddle).

What is the best griddle solution for the Camp Chef stove? The Mojoe Griddle. Full disclosure: I am the inventor and seller of the Mojoe Griddle and my company, Mojoe Outfitters, is a sponsor of Expo.

The Mojoe Griddle is a 24" diameter disk made from laser cut 1/4" carbon steel plate. It has mounting bars welded to the bottom of the griddle that lift it off the rim of whatever heat source you put it on, including the Camp Chef stoves, so that the heat and air from the burner's flames. And, its cooking performance is unmatched. High speed cooking for two or for a crowd; on the trail or in your backyard.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Mojoe Griddle on a Camp Chef:

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

Also, you should watch this recent video of me cooking Smash Burgers on the Mojoe Griddle in the far outback of the White Mountains of California:

[video]https://youtu.be/rOSnsXy6PrI[/video]

Cam

Attachments

• DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0621.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 33

Tazman

Adventurer
I've see you and your product on some of the Expo YouTube videos. We will be there the year and I look forward to trying some of your fare.

Camadile

I've see you and your product on some of the Expo YouTube videos. We will be there the year and I look forward to trying some of your fare.

I look forward to meeting you at the Overland Expo! We will be there cooking on the Mojoe all day long. Stop by for a Mojoe delicacy!

Cam

PhulesAU

Explorer
We use large groups of volunteers at Airsho, one bunch uses a 5' discada to make breakfast tacos. they swear by this burner set up. The big wood paddles can be your friend.

I ended up ordering a Camp Chef Tahoe 3 burner as I got a pretty good deal on it , should be here next week .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Looking at this stove to replace a Coleman 2 burner . Anyone else have one of these , I tend to cook for a large group and this seems to fit the bill. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated .

I have had one of these for a couple years now. The Denial 3X burner set up plus the large and small griddles as well as the two burner BBQ box as well. I LOVE it. I have been in the situation where I needed to cook for about 16 teenage soccer players and their parents at a tournament, a couple dozen folks at a party at the house, and at least a dozen firefighters on a prescribed burn (multiple times). If you can handle the size/bulk, of these systems you won't regret buying them. The smiles on the faces of the people you are cooking for are worth every penny. Camp Chef makes great durable stuff.

SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I'm picking up one of those Mojoe Grills at the next Expo. I love cooking outdoors and have been looking for something for a single high output burner to add to my other cook stuff. It will make a good edition to the Camp Chef array too. :)

I ended up with the Tahoe and then added the griddle this week , cooked on it for the first time this weekend for a group of paddling friends and absolutely loved it just need to get the leg levelers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Camadile

I'm picking up one of those Mojoe Grills at the next Expo. I love cooking outdoors and have been looking for something for a single high output burner to add to my other cook stuff. It will make a good edition to the Camp Chef array too. :)

Why wait for next year? You can order a Mojoe for this summer at: www.mojoegriddle.com

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier