AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

DVexile

Adventurer
So I'm guessing from looking at the pictures that on the DCSB version the gas struts and the different lid design make it impossible to mount a Fiamma awning on the side like was often done on the Flip-Pac?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
So I'm guessing from looking at the pictures that on the DCSB version the gas struts and the different lid design make it impossible to mount a Fiamma awning on the side like was often done on the Flip-Pac?

That is correct however we will have the Nemo Habitat Awning available again in January. It has been re-designed to slide into extrusion on the side of the Habitat or any other vehicle for that matter. It can also be attached to a roof rack via lashing loops or used as a stand alone lean-to. The upside of the Habitat topper design is that the lid serves as your primary awning by default. Here is a picture of the original version of Nemo Habitat awning on the side of a JKU. The revised one is the same shape, it's just attachment method will be universal. Hab awning.jpg

elcoyote

60% deposit, balance upon completion

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
60% deposit, balance upon completion

Awesome thanks - I think I need to start budgeting out for one of these, I don't like my bedrack/RTT set up right now cause the lack of security and miss having a shell. Looking forward to maybe seeing some more videos or a walkthrough of one open!

elcoyote

Awesome thanks - I think I need to start budgeting out for one of these, I don't like my bedrack/RTT set up right now cause the lack of security and miss having a shell. Looking forward to maybe seeing some more videos or a walkthrough of one open!
We'll be working on some walk though videos after OVXE...stay tuned

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Clay Croft and his team at Expedition Overland have just release a series of videos featuring the AT Habitat.

"When you considering everything you need has to be carried in your vehicle when overlanding, efficiency becomes incredibly important. The Adventure Trailer Habitat perfectly hits the mark between function and comfort for the Expedition Overland team, providing both living quarters and workstations in one compact system. With a four-season tent designed by world-renouned Nemo Equipment, and the decades of experience of Adventure Trailer's Mario Donovan, we're sure to be happy with this comfortable setup for years to come."

pyrate

Rollin' along
What options exist to mitigate bugs? Great to have the open space in the back of the truck to cook and the overhead coverage, but the sleeping space is open to anything airborne.

ebbs

Observer
So it seems the overall height has grown, originally it looked like there wasn't much gap between the bottom of the front and the top of the cab, now it looks like a normal rack would still fit under it. or am I just seeing things?

I know there's no orders for windows on the sides, but has anyone ordered a rear window? I think I would agree I like the solid sides, but I would like a rear window for visability when not packed up for adventure.

are there parts available for purchase if/when things wear out (like struts)?

the expedition overland crew showed a telescoping lader they keep so they don't have to enter through the truck (when cooking) do you sell these?

I see that the prototype had the ability to lock the top down... but it looks like the production model changed to rubber tension straps (better IMO) but is there stil the ability to lock/secure the top down? though I doubt it's a real issue.. or that I'd ever actually lock it (save maybe leaving it parked at the airport or the like for long durations)

lastly, do you offer a military discount? (always ask not going to affect my decision to buy one iota)

galvyork

Adventurer
So it seems the overall height has grown, originally it looked like there wasn't much gap between the bottom of the front and the top of the cab, now it looks like a normal rack would still fit under it. or am I just seeing things?

I know there's no orders for windows on the sides, but has anyone ordered a rear window? I think I would agree I like the solid sides, but I would like a rear window for visability when not packed up for adventure.

are there parts available for purchase if/when things wear out (like struts)?

the expedition overland crew showed a telescoping lader they keep so they don't have to enter through the truck (when cooking) do you sell these?

I see that the prototype had the ability to lock the top down... but it looks like the production model changed to rubber tension straps (better IMO) but is there stil the ability to lock/secure the top down? though I doubt it's a real issue.. or that I'd ever actually lock it (save maybe leaving it parked at the airport or the like for long durations)

lastly, do you offer a military discount? (always ask not going to affect my decision to buy one iota)

great questions. I'm interested to hear the response. I'm going back and forth on one myself. One other one I have is any been in any crazy weather in one? High wind snow rain hail etc? I ask due to my plans to live out of it quite a bit and I would't have a choice about weather.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
What options exist to mitigate bugs? Great to have the open space in the back of the truck to cook and the overhead coverage, but the sleeping space is open to anything airborne.

We haven't done anything official, but putting up a bug screen across the rear hatch area with a sprung pole is an easy solution.

Graton

I assume that you can close off the back and the only reason to do a screen in the back would be if you wanted more ventilation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles