AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Equipt is the Utah dealer for AT Overland and Four Wheel Campers. We have a warehouse showroom here in downtown SLC, showing off our Expedition Equipment (Eezi-Awn, National Luna, Escape Gear, Alu-Box) as well as a half dozen display FWC. We also have an AT Chaser fully decked out and we have a Habitat on the way for our showroom too. We would love to have folks come by and say hi anytime.

Cheers,

corprin

Adventurer
How easy/feasible is it to remove and replace the habitat? I can't see myself wanting to haul the habitat on the taco year round for ewks of use per year.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Removing the Habitat is as simple as removing any other truck cap: a few bolts to remove and a few friends to lift it off. Personally I would leave it on as it has the same amount of unobstructed interior space as most truck caps. Unless you need to remove it to carry large loads like a refrigerator, I would leave it in place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kevin108

Explorer
What options exist to mitigate bugs? Great to have the open space in the back of the truck to cook and the overhead coverage, but the sleeping space is open to anything airborne.

That was the question I came looking for answers to. The foot of the primary sleeping area needs zip-in door options, including mesh and solid panels.

elcoyote

We are considering some possible solutions at this time for your concern. Nothing definitive yet.

corprin

Adventurer
That's what I wanted to hear!

What rear springs do you recommend? Currently running a Bilstein/TRD Baja lift (1.5"), TSB rear springs with Wheeler's three leaf add-a-leaf. Running inverted timbrens mounted to the bump pads on the frame for when I flatten these mediocre at best springs.

Since I have to schedule our vacatikns/etc.. What is the current wait time, and can I schedule a specific timeframe for pickup of the habitat?

What is the timeframe for installation and walkthrough of the features?

Thanks.

elcoyote

We like Alcan Springs. The Habitat only weighs 340 lbs so you won't need too much more load capacity. Lead time right now is 12 weeks. Installation and orientation is 4 hours.

ebbs

Observer
Any more pictures yet? possibly of those with windows? or of the side awnings and awning room? any consideration to create a "room" using the cantilever bed and just enclosing below?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Any more pictures yet? possibly of those with windows? or of the side awnings and awning room? any consideration to create a "room" using the cantilever bed and just enclosing below?

Yes the enclosed room will be below the cantilevered lid. There will be options for a screened room or a walled room in this location. The side awning can be seen here http://store.adventuretrailers.com/habitat-awning/ It is currently available for pre orders. We have one unit at paint right now that will be having windows fitted. Pictures as soon as we have it back.

Here is a picture of a 6ft Habitat all ready for installation this Monday.
IMG_0660.jpg

ebbs

Observer
Awesome. I keep going back and forth about the windows. Very curious how the "room" will look. but love the side awning, especially the pitched roof, my ARB awning over my tailgate is nice, but collects water unless I lower a leg, but then being 6'3" I can't stand under it.

Thanks for the quick response, look forward to putting one on order later this year.

Herrawesome

I just got my new Habtat home. We haven't really put it to use yet, but I love that it fits (just barely) in my garage.

I don't think that there are many other overlanding rigs that will fit in a normal sized garage. This is a big deal for us. I was worried about removing and reinstalling every time we left town.

46f8f18a45eb745491f463f74023c031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elcoyote

I just got my new Habtat home. We haven't really put it to use yet, but I love that it fits (just barely) in my garage.

I don't think that there are many other overlanding rigs that will fit in a normal sized garage. This is a big deal for us. I was worried about removing and reinstalling every time we left town.

46f8f18a45eb745491f463f74023c031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Serendipity!

ebbs

Observer
Yes the enclosed room will be below the cantilevered lid. There will be options for a screened room or a walled room in this location. The side awning can be seen here http://store.adventuretrailers.com/habitat-awning/ It is currently available for pre orders. We have one unit at paint right now that will be having windows fitted. Pictures as soon as we have it back.

Here is a picture of a 6ft Habitat all ready for installation this Monday.
View attachment 382550

is the screened room an option that can be added later? or is there something that needs to be added in the build?

elcoyote

is the screened room an option that can be added later? or is there something that needs to be added in the build?
It can be added later to any of the truck Habitats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior