72 IH Scout II W/3.3L Turbo Diesel

Bella PSD

Explorer
72 IH Scout II W/3.3L Turbo Diesel....Never mind!

Thinking about getting this....maybe??

Ad reads like this...
1972 International Scout II with a diesel motor from a 1980 Scout II. 3.3l Turbo Diesel, 4 speed trans., 4x4, Needs some work. Seats are not mounted to floor. Needs seat bases. Needs tires and alignment. Brakes should be in good condition but need bled. Runs great.

Asking $1800 obo.
About 1.5 hours from my home.
View attachment 19413
View attachment 19414
View attachment 19415
Attached are 3 pictures that, for some reason, will not show up????

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I like these vehicles.

The vehicle looks clean and a diesel engine is a big plus.

If it was 1.5 hours away from me I'd be going to look at it.

Check for blow-by and ask about oil consumption.

silverscout

Adventurer
Is the motor the only thing not original? That's pretty sweet truck. Check for body rot in the front foot wells and rockers. But those motors are great!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
'72 should be a Dana 30 front axle with drum brakes. I have seen ONE apparently stock disc braked D30 under a Scout. Something that all refs I've ever read say doesn't exist. The Scout knuckle to spindle bolt pattern is different than the Jeep knuckle to spindle bolt pattern so they were not Jeep parts.
'74-up got the Dana 44 front with discs.

Given that the engine donor was an '80 it may have the coveted '80 only Dana 300 transfer case.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
So......You haven't bought it yet.....:jumping:

It would make a great project. I wonder what it will get for MPG??
I ran a 71 with the 4cyl for years and loved it. The need for room with a growing family required a bigger rig so we got a travelall with a 392.

Regards,

Jim

Bella PSD

Explorer
I emailed him back two times now about taking a look with no email back from him.

And now the listing says....This posting has been deleted by its author.:(

UPDATE!

Email from the seller.

Unfortunately, I have sold the scout. I do appreciate the interest.

Thanks you very much,

Wes

Last edited:

truck mechanic

Adventurer
Too Bad , looked like a cool truck. I love my 72. Just so everyone knows Dana 30s could be had with disc as an option in I think 73 then they went to dana 44 disc in 74 , but I have heard that some 74s had disc 30s . IH just used what was on the self till it was gone.
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles