Bear, My 200 Series Newbie Build

H

High Country Nomads

We just had a 2nd kid and with a big dog our 4Runner just got too small too fast. I'm going to list it later this summer and move on a 200 series and a small camper. That being said, I'll check on your sold status between now and that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aausmana

Adventurer
Congrats on the forthcoming child! You probably have other good reasons for selling, but I just wanted to throw my two cents at you... I don't know if you already have kids, but the first one can be daunting. It seems as if everything will change, with good reason obviously. However, in my experience, children aren't the "end of it all", they are simply a beginning to a new, better lifestyle. As the father of two young children, I've found that we actually spend more time outdoors in Land Cruiser habitat than before we had kids. Children integrate very well. Of course the first few months may be centered around the house, but after that its time for Land Cruising adventure! And what better vehicle to protect your new family than a Cruiser! Good luck and have fun!

Couldn't agree more. But the integration wouldn't happen, for us at least, for 2-3 years. Knowing how work will be, figuring the mother/father thing out (probably quickly), etc. it won't happen sooner than that. So for using this as a DD for 2-3 years from now, just doesn't seem fair to me. I built it to get used, not driven on man-made pavement. :)

aausmana

Adventurer
We just had a 2nd kid and with a big dog our 4Runner just got too small too fast. I'm going to list it later this summer and move on a 200 series and a small camper. That being said, I'll check on your sold status between now and that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Would be happy to talk. My ideal timing for this would be around July/August so it could work out well.

rlynch356

Defyota
Couldn't agree more. But the integration wouldn't happen, for us at least, for 2-3 years. Knowing how work will be, figuring the mother/father thing out (probably quickly), etc. it won't happen sooner than that. So for using this as a DD for 2-3 years from now, just doesn't seem fair to me. I built it to get used, not driven on man-made pavement. :)

great rig and free bump.. but just a though.. i bought my D90 when i had my 2nd daughter.. first one got around fine in the 911.. dunno.. if it were me i'd pay it off and enjoy it when possible for the next 10 years whenever that maybe.. which is my plan for my 200 series.

minivans kinda suck and are definitely not needed. :)

aausmana

Adventurer
great rig and free bump.. but just a though.. i bought my D90 when i had my 2nd daughter.. first one got around fine in the 911.. dunno.. if it were me i'd pay it off and enjoy it when possible for the next 10 years whenever that maybe.. which is my plan for my 200 series.

minivans kinda suck and are definitely not needed. :)

lol, yeah, we're not minivan kinda people and don't plan on getting one.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
:drool:

I'm speechless. I just read this thread from page one. What a breathtaking vehicle. Makes me wish I was able to pony up that kind of $$. GLWS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz