A Scrambler's Homecoming

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Awesome. My first real jeep was a 82 Scrambler I bought when I was 21 and still in the Corps. I sold it when my first kid was born... not knowing at the time that there were full length tops available. Yours is a great jeep and a great story... I read it to my wife so she would realize I am not the only crazy jeep guy around... best wishes with it.

John

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Having all the literature is one of my big things too. It's something I've always looked for with classic vehicles. I even ordered the line setting ticket for the Scout. lol
Pretty awesome this was all still around. Also pretty cool that the only difference in the brochure is the top color. :beer:

twiisted71

Adventurer
I fully feel your pain, and hope one day to feel your relief/elation at having righted an act of ill-rationed reasoning!

Sold my '76 Bronco roughly 10 yrs ago. Complete with requisite Bajas!! I think I'd tear my pocket off gettin my wallet out if given the chance to re-buy my 'baby'. Congratulations, I can feel your nostalgia through your pics.
bronco022%20-%20Version%202_zpsdn4axubw.jpg

kenaero

Observer
Easy livin'

Another old photo...taking the parents for a trail cruise on Independence Day...not sure of the year but probably early 90's since it has the Mickey Thompsons:

And an interior pic taken 2 days ago...all original:
OK, I have heard of Barca-Loungin' down the road but this is ridiculous!LOL!:smiley_drive:

OK, I have heard of Barca-Loungin' down the road but this is ridiculous!LOL!:smiley_drive:

Zeep

Adventurer
Great story! I tell everybody that I'll never sell my '05 LJ Rubicon.

Last edited:

moabian

The bed looked really bad when I got it back. It had been painted white with no prep work and apparently before the invention of masking tape. I just finished re-painting the bed, after a day of sanding and masking. Here are some before and after pix. I REALLY like the "Secure Trunk Box" from GR8TOPS...it is slanted to match the contours of a CJ back seat or the bulkhead in the Scrambler.

Darkrider

Adventurer
Great looking Scrambler man! Looks good with the mild upgrades of the bedliner on the floor only and the tool box. Sadly with the prices of older Jeeps nowadays up here in Canada the closest i could get to owning a Scrambler would be buying a TJ Unlimited.

smacdiesel

What a great story, and an incredible gift to yourself getting it back! Thanks for sharing your story, so rare to see an original scrambler like that, I really wanted one back in the early 80's, my friend had a black laredo version. Bought one myself many years later and still have it, I will never sell it. Never!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior