Rancho Shocks at Rockauto

dvani01

Just wanted to give a heads up. Purchased some 9000xl's for my '03 Avalanche today and found them for under $90 apiece at Rockauto. There's also a 5% discount code at http://www.retailmenot.com/view/rockauto.com and Rancho is doing their rebates again. I am not affiliated with Rancho or Rockauto but wanted to pass the info that I found. I spent just under $325 for 4 shocks and they should qualify for a $100 Visa card.

paranoid56

Adventurer
i would stay away from the ranchos, old style setup on those shocks. i could get them to fade in under 5 min of dirt road driving lol.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Its weird. People either have fantastic luck with them, or none at all. I've got 5000s on my project 4 runner right now. We will see.

tommudd

Explorer
Used to love the old RSX line from Rancho, always did great, but now they don't have them the 5000s are not nearly as good.
They're Ok but just don't work for me or the lifts I do.
Used to talk customers into them, now have to talk them out of them ! :)

rayra

Expedition Leader
Its weird. People either have fantastic luck with them, or none at all. I've got 5000s on my project 4 runner right now. We will see.

That's just a reflection of whether they're cruisers or thrashers / racers. Cycle rate, max load, harsh use etc.

I cruised SoCal desert trailss for 15yrs on a set of original RS9000s on my C-10 pickup, worked fine for my usage style. But it was mostly hauling dirt bikes / ATCs, camping, shooting, exploring, not slamming around.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I definitely do not view myself as a thrasher or racer... More someone who just likes to get into the back country for a bit of camping & exploring (sometimes to include a little moderate rock crawling to get to the destination, but not always... never anything truly hard-core).

I don't normally like to bash on a product line in general... but every single thing Rancho I've ever bought going back 23 years has been a waste of $$$. Their RS9000 shocks have exceptionally poor performance (extremely sloppy valving), their coil springs sag out and lose height over time, and nearly every component of a suspension kit I bought years ago for my Ranger developed dangerous cracks and/or broke. How they are still around is beyond me. :confused:

Happykamper

Explorer
Thanks for the info!!!:) on the great deal.
I'm building two comanche's and I have always had good luck with the ranching shocks. Feel sorry for the haters , but take a look at the reviews you will get a better sampling.

I replaced my stock shocks on my 2005 Chevrolet 2500HD with 9000's when the truck had 7,000 miles on it. At approximately 100,000 miles I returned them and Rancho sent me (4) new shocks at no cost. Now my truck has 200,000 miles on it so several weeks ago I returned the shocks and Rancho sent me (4) more new shocks at no cost. I haul a 3,000 pound camper on my truck and I'd guess that the camper was on there for 75% of those miles (plenty of those miles are off road). Rancho shocks have performed great for me and I love doing business with the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior