Solar charge controllers that can absorb at 14.8v. Let's make a list?

John Shaffer

Curious. Mw?

Did you go with the Renogy?either the 20 or 30amp? Or the EPSolar. Based on my similar needs for charging my interstate group 27 SR. I'd probably pull the lever on the Renogy 30? And a set of 100w folding to move me out of goal zero Eco system.

Thanks for the comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 Toyota 4Runner. Full time 12v mod, Rhino rack, Thule box, HIDs, front hitch, skid plates, Sliders, Aliner Classic 2014 camp trailer

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
Haven't purchased anything. Started this thread under 3 weeks ago in the interest of research. Leaning toward the EP 20 at present with an upgrade to SC2030 down the line, contingent on satisfying need for a monitor. If the cheap monitor is "good-enough" and the cheap controller works "well-enough" I'll probably just stick to them.

Last edited:

dogdaysindurham

ajmaudio

Adventurer
The bogart is what your looking for. This finishing stage your talking about is a buit in option and fully adjustable in terms of voltage.. maximum duration...etc. I use it in my own campers solar setup and it works vey very well. you will need the trimetric with it for these functions... and you'll get an incredibly versatile battery charging and monitoring system. If you read over the manual for the sc2030 and trimetric i think you'll find it will do everything you need and then some. You will also need a shunt to go along with the trimetric which are not expensive but mentioning nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior