National Luna Weekender 52,

greencruisercat

I am In Ecuador, and on my way to Argentina. The Weekender just packed it in. I purchased it three years ago, but it just sit in it's box for the first two years, and has only been in services for the passed six mouths. Now flashes 3 times and the compressor does not turn on. Fan works, but compressor dos not come on any more. At first, the compressor would come on, but only ran for one cycle, and would not restart. Now just the fan. National Luna will send parts if I pay for the parts and arrange shipping. The arrange shipping part is a pain because my Spanish sucks. I am not impressed with the cost of the parts, (close to 500USD), as you can buy a new Weekender for close to that in South Africa. Any one out there got any ideas? Know a refrigeration place in Ecuador that could help with the repair??? Is it the compressor, or the controls?? Thank you for any help, as I am thinking about dumping the Weekender and buying a ARB. Service might be better.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
3 flashes is probably an error code. What is that code? It may be in the operators manual. Is the compressor trying to start? Can you here it hum? If so thump on it to see if it's just stuck. Thump on it while its humming or trying to start. Did you reseat all of the electrical connections inside? Does it work when plugged into the electrical outlet in a building to see if it's a 12v DC problem only?

stephaneD

Those fridge are so overprice national luna should at least give AAAA+++ customer service......I almost buy one when I was in search for a fride after doing some research I end up whit a Waeco CFX-65 Dual Zone for 600$ and dont regret

greencruisercat

Weekender Becoming a Game Ender

The 3 flashes according to the manual is either a control panel problem, or the compreesor. Talked to National Luna about it and they said that they would ship the parts if I arranged shipping. FedEx says can not pick up parts until National Luna sends them an invoice. Have not heard from National Luna in 9 days. Even if I get the parts, if it is not the controll panel the new compressor will have to be recharged, and I do not how much of a problem that will be in Ecuador. I believe that instalation will not be a problem, but .... we will see

Tools for Adventure

Supporting Sponsor
I borrowed my friends National Luna Weekender for a 10 day trip last year and it was a terrific fridge during that time but the lack of customer service concerns me. I was going to become a reseller for them but couldn't get anyone to call me back so I went with Engel instead. My company Tools for Adventure is as of last week an Engel reseller. I am a product geek first and reseller second. I cannot stand behind a product, no matter how great it is, if the customer service is poor or non-existent. They lost a customer and a reseller.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
I borrowed my friends National Luna Weekender for a 10 day trip last year and it was a terrific fridge during that time but the lack of customer service concerns me. I was going to become a reseller for them but couldn't get anyone to call me back so I went with Engel instead. My company Tools for Adventure is as of last week an Engel reseller. I am a product geek first and reseller second. I cannot stand behind a product, no matter how great it is, if the customer service is poor or non-existent. They lost a customer and a reseller.

I don't think Luna has anything Stateside outside of a couple of dealers. I have an Engel and considered a Luna 52 but the Engel simply fails to disappoint.

Happykamper

Explorer
Yep I have two Engels a 45 and new 63 , and a 80 arb. I love the Engels. If someone wants the big arb it's in box used to chill my water and maybe a beer or two lol . It just did not fit my chaser. But the engel does :)

Happykamper

Explorer
Oh , but I had a Luna weekender aluminum. Don't know why I sold it, it was also nice. I would put the engel with it and the arb next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online