Opinions/suggestions/maybe pics please.

shucky

G'day all
Just joined the forum and first time poster.
I've got a 6x8 flat top trailer, I want to put about 3 foot removable sides and gate on it in order for me to have some sort of canvas tenting or what ever made later down the road.
My main useage for it is to haul tree cuttings from jobs.
I'm looking for cost effective DIY for such mods.
I'd be great to see pics of what others have done.
Cheers.WIN_20160314_17_59_14_Pro.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
what you are describing are referred to as 'stakebed panels' in the US. Does your trailer have socket holes in the perimeter framing or existign external brackets already?

The holes around the perimeter of this flatbed are what I'm referring to

sizeimage.php

Most pickups have such holes in the top of the bed edge, see them for reference.

There's lots of panel arrangements, high and low, and usually on the bigger commercial-class flatbeds the panels are in short interchangeable sections, 3-4' long, for easier handling and they latch to each other. If you have to space your sockets / brackets irregularly, the typical trick is numbering each panel so you put them back up in the right arrangement more easily.

Bed%20Sides%20Ideas.JPG

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
If the trailer does not already have stake pockets, one can purchase galvanized stake pockets that can be bolted around the outside perimeter of the trailer. Or a fabricator can cut and weld stake pockets into the existing frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94