2013 Silverado 1500 Build Thread

cheapthrills

Well I ask because if you do in fact have afm system beware of lifter tick.... lifter failure on the cylinders that shut down have issues... so make sure you take care of it RELIGIOUSLY and if you get lifter ticking get it taken care of asap... could take out cam if not resolved quickly... still a great engine tho they do make afm delete kits and can be shut off in the computer too if you ever have a problem and decide to go that route.... Enjoy that sexy truck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TCICapn

Thanks for the fender pics! Shoot that looks pretty clean, especially compared to some of the hack jobs I've seen while searching around on the net haha. I can definitely see where you had to do quite a bit more than just the NorCal mod so this will be helpful when I need to cut up mine.

When you have a chance to get some good dirt miles on that new setup let us know how everything is working and post some pics if you take some.

Cyph86

UPDATE
Got the Airaid MIT installed, and the throttle response is significantly improved. I cant rally say anything about power increases, but it definitely sounds better at higher RPM as well.
Started my rock sliders as well, added a kickout at the end of them after reading about their benefits on a long wheelbase vehicle.
20160323_202703_zpsvb5vjbb4.jpg
So i just read through this build and i am super jealous! I have an 04 Silverado ext cab duramax. It seems we have the same goals based on what i have seen so far. I love your rock sliders. I am having a tough time finding any for my rig and i dont have the skills or tools to fab up my own. Also consider some skid plates under your truck if you can bash the aide if your truck you can bash your oil pan. (I also havent found any of these unless you have a certain lift on your truck)
I currently have a leveling kit and 285 ko2s in my rig even that required trimming. Definitely subbed to your build. Keep up the good work!
cde4cebfb6954a85e1d1b8160adcacff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Nice build. Do you have any CAD drawings of your front bumper that you would be willing to share?

Hey, so sorry its been forever since i've checked this thread. I do have the CAD files if you want them, just PM me.

So i just read through this build and i am super jealous! I have an 04 Silverado ext cab duramax. It seems we have the same goals based on what i have seen so far. I love your rock sliders. I am having a tough time finding any for my rig and i dont have the skills or tools to fab up my own. Also consider some skid plates under your truck if you can bash the aide if your truck you can bash your oil pan. (I also havent found any of these unless you have a certain lift on your truck)
I currently have a leveling kit and 285 ko2s in my rig even that required trimming. Definitely subbed to your build. Keep up the good work!
cde4cebfb6954a85e1d1b8160adcacff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rock sliders are impossible to find fitted ones for silverados. I looked for a long time to find ANYTHING that would work. As well as being the style that I like, I used square tube because I don't know how to use a tube bender/ don't have access to one, haha. If you can learn to weld, the sliders aren't super hard to fab.

Barb The Yeti

Observer
New pics from a recent trip

Had tons of fun climbing a hill in Utah, good views.
The King shocks are performing well, and the grabber x3's are amazing. I really need some UCA's for down-travel though, which I know will improve basically everything.
Pics!
56bZtyt.jpg

2hqdqbh.jpg

CgVNIzC.jpg

leviathan907

Sweet!!!

Nice looking truck! My silverado just got the front bumper smacked in Lake Tahoe this weekend thanks to lots of snow and bad drivers! So I'll be looking at making or buying a new front bumper but those 150# aftermarket bumpers are just to big and heavy. You and Pawleyk have definitely fabbed up the best silverado bumpers I've seen yet. Good job and sweet truck!

Barb The Yeti

Observer
Thank you guys for the support! I am pretty happy with my truck now, that's why there hasn't been many updates for new stuff. I was super unhappy with the selection for front/ rear bumpers, either being really dumb and heavy, or being crazy expensive, which is why I made my own. I would really suggest making some detailed plans, whether its on CAD like I did, or paper, with cardboard mock-up. It helps to put stuff in perspective, and keep weight under control.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Thank you guys for the support! I am pretty happy with my truck now, that's why there hasn't been many updates for new stuff. I was super unhappy with the selection for front/ rear bumpers, either being really dumb and heavy, or being crazy expensive, which is why I made my own. I would really suggest making some detailed plans, whether its on CAD like I did, or paper, with cardboard mock-up. It helps to put stuff in perspective, and keep weight under control.

simple yet functional design, nice work

Tiki

Observer
Nice, I'm running Kings and Cognito UCAs on my 'groceryrunner'; talked with Cognito and they said there was not a strength issue between BJ and UB. Mine sees 99% cement and gets down south and up north and I was more worried about reliability. After about 2.5 years and a lot of miles I have a very slight play in the passenger side BJ so I'm going to replace both sides before my next cross country adventure. I also like both the Kings the Cognitos as you can run either of them with stock wheels should I want to go that route in the future.

Trying to decide if I want to go that route on my daily, or the economy route with 5100s and cognitos.

TCICapn

Hey Tiki, question for you about your Cognito/King setup. You mentioned you can run the stock wheels on the Cognito BJ UCAs, which wheels are on your truck? I have the stock 17x7.5 alloys with 5.5"bs and am trying to figure out if I can run them with the Cognito UCAs and the extra droop available with Kings. Thanks!

Tiki

Observer
Hey Tiki, question for you about your Cognito/King setup. You mentioned you can run the stock wheels on the Cognito BJ UCAs, which wheels are on your truck? I have the stock 17x7.5 alloys with 5.5"bs and am trying to figure out if I can run them with the Cognito UCAs and the extra droop available with Kings. Thanks!

IMG_0298.JPG

17x8.5 4.5" backspacing and 285 STMaxxs. Yes I believe that to be true but call Cognito first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz