NC to OR on the TAT in my 4Runner

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
Could the trail be done in 3/4 ton crew cab truck? I have been looking for a land cruiser or something similar, but it's been hard to find a clean one. I am now considering just using my truck(Dodge 2500 Cummins). Would it be way too big? Also was diesel fuel available at most of the towns you passed through.
I think it could be, I had debated taking one with a slide in camper next time. There were a couple spots that it would scrape but would make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

kraven

Hegelian Scum
Thanks for logging your trip for us here. I always enjoy what neophyte campers bring to the table, and your do's/don'ts list is really helpful.

smlobx

Wanderer
Let me ad my thanks for all the work it took a post and share your adventure with us.
Looking forward to the next one!

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
So I'm definitely doing this trip again but I'm thinking about taking a full-size Chevy Silverado. Does anyone have any overland builds with Silverado?

Just finished up reading your adventure awesome trip man. How many days were you on the road total? If you dont mind asking what did something like this cost you all together?

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
I was on the Rd for 33 days. I never figured down to the penny but came up with somewhere between 3-4k not being super conservative with the money like I could have been. Also I got a lot of hotels due to injuries so I could have saved a lot better!!

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
Indeed they did!!! I'm currently back at work hard saving for next year when I plan to go again!! This time without snow and will stay on the TAT the whole time.

unkamonkey

Explorer
National parks passes are good to have. Several years ago, I found myself driving over Trail ridge road twice a weekend to get from and to a jobsite. They were about $60 then. Great, they work at Lake Powell too! I spent so much time riding my motorcycle through the entry station that after about a day they saw me heading that way and they just waved me through. How many large guys on an orange Yamaha are there out there?

scs11431

Indeed they did!!! I'm currently back at work hard saving for next year when I plan to go again!! This time without snow and will stay on the TAT the whole time.

Maybe I'll take my rig and follow you

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

skip371

Observer
I know this is an old travel log but can't resist commenting for future travels. I am planning to start this trip the first weeek of May 2017. I have really enjoyed the OP's comments and his good times and not so good times. Camping when freezing sucks, ask me how I know. I find it so entertaining because this a genuinly good guy who di less planning for this trip than I do for 5 days in Georgia. And its all great. So maybe I'll stop worrying if I have enough spares/tools, maps and let it unfold as Sirwillysc did. Yes Maxtraxx and Crestor ! good advice. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94