"The Overado" 2011 Silverado Overland Build

Overado

Observer
Quick update is in order been working on some step/sliders (people complain about how high the truck is and how hard it is to get in and out so here is my solution so far)
The beginning (lots of steel more than just sliders to come!)
IMG_0772.jpg
How the look now!
IMG_0790.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
A couple more cuts and welds and I will be painting them and bolting them in place!

Let me know what you think,
Cheers!

thethePete

Explorer
Look good. I like the look of square tube sliders, and they'll fit well with the squared off looks of that generation Chebby. Sharp looking truck.

Overado

Observer
Look good. I like the look of square tube sliders, and they'll fit well with the squared off looks of that generation Chebby. Sharp looking truck.

"Chebby" haha more like Chubby, Thanks! hopefully going to finish these tonight over a couple beers and get some primer and maybe some paint slapped on them and bolt them on this weekend! They look pretty good "on" the truck I put them on stands where they will be mounted the other day and they are pretty sweet!

Roody

Adventurer
So far so good. What's the deal with Freetown State Forest, any trails or just fire roads? Feel free to PM me

Overado

Observer
So far so good. What's the deal with Freetown State Forest, any trails or just fire roads? Feel free to PM me

Thanks!

Just fire roads really...nothing note worthy from my experience in terms of wheeling but a fun spot to drive around and do a bit of hiking. some cool water holes and a pond to hike around. Had never been and had read it about on some forums so decided to take a ride one day fun afternoon exploring, definitely a cool place to check out. Of course I didn't explore the entire state park there may be more than what I explored but its about a half hour ride from where I live so it was cool to check out

Hey Overado I'm stoked to see how those sliders come out. I'll be looking for someone to fab up a set for my Avalanche really soon as well. As far as Freetown goes, all I can say is "tread lightly" I got thru there often and notice a lot of irresponsible people taking advantage and will soon ruin the forest for those that respect it. Be cool to link up for a run sometime and check your rig

boll_rig

Adventurer
Great looking Chevy Overado, welcome to the site! Also siked to see how the sliders turn out. I'm from the east coast as well but spend most of my time out west now. Too much to explore here.

Overado

Observer
Hey Overado I'm stoked to see how those sliders come out. I'll be looking for someone to fab up a set for my Avalanche really soon as well. As far as Freetown goes, all I can say is "tread lightly" I got thru there often and notice a lot of irresponsible people taking advantage and will soon ruin the forest for those that respect it. Be cool to link up for a run sometime and check your rig

That seems to be the theme of off-roading here in MA. Freetown is cool to check out, did some hiking(really just walking down closed roads haha) but we should link up for a run some time. I would like to check out that LS swap! Hopefully have the sliders painted and bolted up this week. finished the welding and slapped a coat of primer on them tonight! Would defiantly be able to help you out with some sliders for your Avalanche once i get mine sorted out!

Great looking Chevy Overado, welcome to the site! Also siked to see how the sliders turn out. I'm from the east coast as well but spend most of my time out west now. Too much to explore here.

Thanks glad you like the truck! pics to come on the sliders. I spent a year out west and loved it but made my way back east. Did some great exploring the deserts of utah and colorado checking out the national parks and doing some wheeling in my old 4runner. wild country! When i get some time I will definitely be heading back west to see more!

Overado

Observer
Okay, as promised pictures of the sliders! (they are currently actually just side steps due to how they are bolted only at the top so there is no real resistance to load on the bottom side but I will fix that at a later date) they serve as functioning steps at the moment and would be able to take blow from the side however I don't think they would take the weight of the truck at the moment.
Here is a shot of them mocked up before any paint
IMG_0801.jpg
Here they are with a coat of primer!
IMG_0807.jpg
And finally they are bolted in place (the drivers side took about 4 hours to get bolted due to unforeseen complications while the passenger side took about 15-20 minutes)
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg
Let me know what you guys think!
Cheers!
P.S. Sneak peak at the next phase!
IMG_0829.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 47

Overado

Observer
Any updates on this thing? I like the direction you're going with this. I have a 2011 Silverado myself!

I actually sold the truck this summer for a tacoma (back to toyota!) I have a few updates from before I sold her I can throw together a few pictures for ya. If you have any questions ask away I'll do my best to answer em for ya! Good luck on your build!

Leftear35

I actually sold the truck this summer for a tacoma (back to toyota!) I have a few updates from before I sold her I can throw together a few pictures for ya. If you have any questions ask away I'll do my best to answer em for ya! Good luck on your build!

Yeah some pictures would be great! I am just looking to get ideas for my truck. Go luck with the new build!

Overado

Observer
Yeah some pictures would be great! I am just looking to get ideas for my truck. Go luck with the new build!

Here are a couple pictures of the last project before I sold her off! Desert style high clearance rear bumper with the bed sides chopped
IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0854.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles