Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

Ole Nasty

Observer
Fwiw, I returned the Ozark Trail 52 and got the RTIC 45. It took just under 5 weeks to get it. I started a 5 day test on Monday, I'll have a video up in the next week or so.uploadfromtaptalk1471404307371.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

perkj

Explorer
Thanks Hilldweller, it definitely sounds like it's not functioning the way it should.

If you haven't contacted us for a replacement drain already, you can PM me here with your shipping details or send the service team an email (email in my signature), or call toll free: 1-888-413-2665 and we can get a replacement drain sorted out for you.

Also, definitely no doubt you guys are experienced campers here -- it's awesome to see a community with a 33 page cooler thread and complete with video reviews and performance testing! :)

The tip about making sure everything is as tight as can be was more meant to be a broad tip/reminder for everyone who is considering buying one, those who have purchased one and have yet to use it, or those who are experiencing minor leaking. I fixed my quote in my initial post to better reflect my response as a general response to help with troubleshooting. I'll be sure to share if I hear any new info about the drain.

Thanks again and definitely feel free to reach out and we'll help get it sorted out for you.
- Cam

I have to say the customer service from California Innovations (the maker of the Ozark coolers) is OUTSTANDING! I received my replacement drain plugs for both my 52 and 73 within 2 days after bringing the issue of leaky plugs to their attention. I can confirm the new replacements no longer leak. With the performance of these coolers along with the great customer service, Yeti should be very very nervous.

Thanks Cam for the great customer service!!!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I have to say the customer service from California Innovations (the maker of the Ozark coolers) is OUTSTANDING! I received my replacement drain plugs for both my 52 and 73 within 2 days after bringing the issue of leaky plugs to their attention. I can confirm the new replacements no longer leak. With the performance of these coolers along with the great customer service, Yeti should be very very nervous.

X2

Now I want a smaller one for lugging around in the Jeep day-to-day. The 52 is too big for groceries.
And my old Colemans just don't works as well; time to toss them.

Ricer_X_01

Observer

Received my replacement today as well. I concur, outstanding customer service!

CamFromCI

That's great to hear that your leak issue was resolved! We haven't had many leak issues come in overall, but we really appreciate when you guys reach out about any issues like that so we can be on top of it for you (PM here, phone or email haha, whichever is easiest for you guys). We're more than happy to help and thanks so much for the kind words!

X2

Now I want a smaller one for lugging around in the Jeep day-to-day. The 52 is too big for groceries.
And my old Colemans just don't works as well; time to toss them.
Thanks Bill! :D

Received my replacement today as well. I concur, outstanding customer service!
Thanks! Great to hear, I'll definitely share these messages with the rest of the service team!

Have a great weekend you guys!

Thanks again,
Cam

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
They ARE out there! I scored a 52qt today in Phoenix. We went to AZ for the long weekend. I got online and checked stock in the local area for the Ozark Trail coolers; none of any size were showing available anywhere in the county. While there I took a chance and checked a couple of Walmarts in the Chandler area. I found one location with three of the 26qt and one 73qt but not the 52qt that I was looking for, so I moped about dejected all weekend. On the way back home to behind enemy lines we stopped and took a look at the Walmart in Buckeye, on Lower Buckeye Rd. There was just one little 26qt on the shelf, bummer, a stood and stared at it and contemplated buying it as an interim measure. The woman working the department said, "you should check our overstock area, in the grocery above the bottled water and soda", so across the store we marched. We got to the aisle and low-and-behold, there she sat, 10 feet off the ground in a row with a bunch of large, cheaper, coolers. I'm so glad we didn't give up!

Cooler.jpg

Last edited:

MzPriss

Observer
They ARE out there! I scored a 52qt today in Phoenix. We went to AZ for the long weekend. I got online and checked stock in the local area for the Ozark Trail coolers; none of any size were showing available anywhere in the county. While there I took a chance and checked a couple of Walmarts in the Chandler area. I found one location with three of the 24qt and one 73qt but not the 52qt that I was looking for, so I moped about dejected all weekend. On the way back home to behind enemy lines we stopped and took a look at the Walmart in Buckeye, on Lower Buckeye Rd. There was just one little 24qt on the shelf, bummer, a stood and stared at it and contemplated buying it as an interim measure. The woman working the department said, "you should check our overstock area, in the grocery above the bottled water and soda", so across the store we marched. We got to the aisle and low-and-behold, there she sat, 10 feet off the ground in a row with a bunch of large, cheaper, coolers. I'm so glad we didn't give up!

View attachment 365125

THANK YOU! I am going there first thing this morning to see if I can find one...even a little one.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
They ARE out there! I scored a 52qt today in Phoenix. We went to AZ for the long weekend. I got online and checked stock in the local area for the Ozark Trail coolers; none of any size were showing available anywhere in the county. While there I took a chance and checked a couple of Walmarts in the Chandler area. I found one location with three of the 24qt and one 73qt but not the 52qt that I was looking for, so I moped about dejected all weekend. On the way back home to behind enemy lines we stopped and took a look at the Walmart in Buckeye, on Lower Buckeye Rd. There was just one little 24qt on the shelf, bummer, a stood and stared at it and contemplated buying it as an interim measure. The woman working the department said, "you should check our overstock area, in the grocery above the bottled water and soda", so across the store we marched. We got to the aisle and low-and-behold, there she sat, 10 feet off the ground in a row with a bunch of large, cheaper, coolers. I'm so glad we didn't give up!
Excellent story.

I think these things are the best bargain in high-performance coolers going.
A tough cooler that works well at a fair price with outstanding customer service.

MzPriss

Observer
I didn't even wait to go....I ordered it online for store pick up from the store in Buckeye, it does show there is also one available in store at 59th and Bell! Now if I could only find the 26 qt, I spend a lot of time in my car driving the Phx area (500 - 600 miles a week) and the little cooler I have some days can't keep up. The 26 qt is a NEED!

MzPriss

Observer
The 1 73qt and the three 26qt were at the Chandler Walmart on Arizona Ave. near the 202.

Chandler is over 50 miles away. The Buckeye store is about 10. I do have to be out toward Awatukee tomorrow, I am going to check to see if I can do the in store pick up for that one!

davis31052

Adventurer
Yup, They could. A thread that's 35 pages long, with just a few posts from folks actually being able to buy one, should say something.... In the meantime, while searching for the elusive Ozark Trail, I came across this little jewel.

Sub Z.jpg

http://www.nashmfg.com/sub-z/

POST EDIT... These are available on AMAZON too.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yup, They could. A thread that's 35 pages long, with just a few posts from folks actually being able to buy one, should say something.... In the meantime, while searching for the elusive Ozark Trail, I came across this little jewel.

View attachment 365223

http://www.nashmfg.com/sub-z/

POST EDIT... These are available on AMAZON too.
Website is light on details...
Looks to be about a 26 qt though. Making it more than 50% more expensive than the Ozark Trails. ...better than Yeti though.

I'm sure that supply will catch up. They seem eager to please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior