New Stove from Jetboil

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Anyone else have anything to say about this?

They aren't for sale here in Australia yet (and apparently won't be in the foreseeable future) but can be imported for about $500 AUD (seen some on eBay).

It is still awesome and one of my favorite all time pieces of gear

Further

I picked up the Jetboil Basecamp from REI using the 20% coupon code. Unfortunately, when I unpacked the unit, the pot had marks inside the pot, with one through the coating. I have contacted REI, and they are getting a replacement pot for me. I have a set of Magma nesting cookware and had purchased the Pot Protectors from Magma for the set. I tested both the large and the medium Pot Protectors, and either will work to fit inside allowing the stove to nest in the pot while protecting it. I will use when I get the new pot. It's a shame that Jetboil does not include something similar with the Basecamp. I would think the small expense would be offset by the returns they have experience from shipping damage to these pots from the stove inside.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I picked up the Jetboil Basecamp from REI using the 20% coupon code. Unfortunately, when I unpacked the unit, the pot had marks inside the pot, with one through the coating. I have contacted REI, and they are getting a replacement pot for me. I have a set of Magma nesting cookware and had purchased the Pot Protectors from Magma for the set. I tested both the large and the medium Pot Protectors, and either will work to fit inside allowing the stove to nest in the pot while protecting it. I will use when I get the new pot. It's a shame that Jetboil does not include something similar with the Basecamp. I would think the small expense would be offset by the returns they have experience from shipping damage to these pots from the stove inside.

Any pictures of the wear in the pan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choff

Adventurer
We just ordered the Jetboil System all in one for our camping trip to Hot Springs ,NC in 2 weeks, I also had a problem with spending that amount on a stove system with pots, but !!!
It just makes cooking and cleaning at camp a whole lot better. also what sold us was the temp controls.
I had a a back backing stove by GAZ, which you cannot get fuel for. Dumped it.!!
I think with the quality of the stove and how it all backs together it should last a long time !!!!
I will post after our use my thoughts.
Choff

UPDATE ON STOVE AND PANS
Love everything about them , convenient, easy to clean and pack up-and the big one is that my wife absolutely loves this stove and pans.
Hope to use them more this summer camping.
Choff

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The jetboil genesis system is highly rated and likely a very good stove if you need 2 burners.
A single burner version is due for release January 11 th 2017, if I recall correctly (and if the plans haven't changed). This would match my needs better and since I have no need for large pots camping will be even more compact.
http://www.snewsnet.com/press-release/new-jetboil-halfgen-lets-you-customize-your-camp-kitchen/
Enjoy!

I always used two burner stoves but hardly run two stoves at one time lol. I can barely watch one let alone two. Might be selling my two burner for that single if it allows to attach the Luna. I can boil water and cook as same time.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I always used two burner stoves but hardly run two stoves at one time lol. I can barely watch one let alone two. Might be selling my two burner for that single if it allows to attach the Luna. I can boil water and cook as same time.

From the little that I have been able to find out its supposed to support the luna and/or be supported by the 2 burner genesis (for a 3 burner chef setup).
We will have to see how well the final release to production follows the pre release info...
I am a bit concerned about the plastic wind break/shield although from the info I see on the 2 burner Genesis it seems to work OK.

Enjoy!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Not a fan of the wind shield. That I wish they would redo for something that was better. No wind issues with the pot since it has a built in ring. Wish the pans did too than you really don't need a wind break

Choff

Adventurer
I used the wind shield, and though it was hokey at first also, but I used it on a windy day and like it now and use it the help reduce fuel usage during windy days.
I think the big pot has a ring for setting it on the burner ring and holding in place, not so much a wind break.
Choff

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier