Trucko: Seattle to Patagonia

Hello all,

This community has been essential in our preparation for this trip, and reading trip reports has been inspirational to say the least.
Now that we have started our own adventure, it's about time to give something back and share with you guys.

Build thread
if you are interested.

We have a little blog set up where you can read about where we've been so far (might take a few weeks for new posts to come up): http://overrockandundertree.com/

Currently we are in Los Angeles, CA.
Will be staying in Joshua Tree for some time, visiting San Diego and then (finally) cross the border and explore Baja!

Whenever new posts are up, I'll update this thread as well.
I hope that's ok, but it's easier to re-direct you guys to the blog instead of having to copy paste the text and most time-consuming, re-upload all the pictures.

If anyone is in the area and would like to caravan together at some point, drop me a line!
I speak fluent Spanish, but some company would be nice for a little bit extra security and it makes the trip more interesting.

Cheers!

rossm

In Guatemala now. Headed South later this year (into Colombia early Aug?). What's you high level schedule?

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Plan on following this one. Sounds like an epic trip. I too have a Toyota and I think you'll end up being very pleased with it. I just spent about two months in Baja and you're going to have a blast down there. Great place. Word of caution.....don't drive at night. Oh yea, I tried to subscribe over your blog and it wouldn't let me. Not sure what the problem is there.

Be safe out there and have a great trip.....

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Whenever new posts are up, I'll update this thread as well.
I hope that's ok, but it's easier to re-direct you guys to the blog instead of having to copy paste the text and most time-consuming, re-upload all the pictures.

Maybe okay with some but I won't be going to your Blog. The way I see it is if you want people here to read it then post it here.

Dan.

In Guatemala now. Headed South later this year (into Colombia early Aug?). What's you high level schedule?

Hard to say at this point. We're crossing the border into Baja today (!) and going from there. There is no set schedule per say, just stay as long as we're enjoying the place and move on once we feel like it's time.
I'd say the best way would be to keep in touch and check where we're at?

Plan on following this one. Sounds like an epic trip. I too have a Toyota and I think you'll end up being very pleased with it. I just spent about two months in Baja and you're going to have a blast down there. Great place. Word of caution.....don't drive at night. Oh yea, I tried to subscribe over your blog and it wouldn't let me. Not sure what the problem is there.

Be safe out there and have a great trip.....

Thank you for the kind words!
The subscription is an RSS feed, you can use any RSS Reader software to subscribe to the url.
Feedly is a good web option.

Maybe okay with some but I won't be going to your Blog. The way I see it is if you want people here to read it then post it here.

Dan.

That's fine :), just wanted to check I wasn't breaking a rule or something.
I understand your sentiment, but I simply don't have the time to update both places with the limited internet access that comes with overland travel.

Nivel Egres

Observer
Looks like an awesome adventure. What's next for you guys, Potrero Chico or something else in Mexico?

PS. If you need some beta on climbing in either Cochamo Valey or a few other places in South America, hit me up.

parkkitchings

Adventurer

Dan.

I'll be following along on your blog. I post on my blog as well and don't understand why some think it's such a big deal to click on a link. Not sure they understand the work that is involved in posting on numerous forums. If people like Aussie Iron can't handle going to a blogsite it's his loss, not yours. Good luck on your trip and I look forward to your postings.

Hello
I hope in CHILE
here you can read some interesting facts about the patagonia ..
trip we make the summer of 2015
regards
mario

http://twistedandes.com/foro/showthread.php?t=112242
Gracias por el link! Nos falta MUCHO tiempo para llegar hasta ahi, pero poco a poco venimos. Viven en Chile ahora?

Looks like an awesome adventure. What's next for you guys, Potrero Chico or something else in Mexico?

PS. If you need some beta on climbing in either Cochamo Valey or a few other places in South America, hit me up.
Portero Chico is unfortunately too much out of our way, and I don't feel very comfortable with the security situation in the northern states :(
We did do some bouldering in Cataviña, but other than that haven't looked at what else lies ahead. I'll shoot you a PM!

I'll be following along on your blog. I post on my blog as well and don't understand why some think it's such a big deal to click on a link. Not sure they understand the work that is involved in posting on numerous forums. If people like Aussie Iron can't handle going to a blogsite it's his loss, not yours. Good luck on your trip and I look forward to your postings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior