Chihuahua 2016- A trip down to Old Mexico

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
Thanks. Chihuahua is mostly known for the Sierra Madre areas (Creel, copper canyon, Basaseachic, etc.) but there's a lot of other "unknown" jewels out there on the desert part of the state. I'll start talking with my friends down there and see if we can put a route together.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Great photos and great trip report! Looks like a beautiful part of Mexico, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how green and lush it looked. I figured it would look more like the very dry and desert-like areas around Big Bend.

Desert Rat 1

Adventurer
That afternoon, we continued up river for a few more miles before calling it a day.

The following day we went to Cd. Delicias to do some shopping, eat some delicious and authentic mexican food, we visited a very nice paleontology museum (unfortunately somehow I lost those pictures) and even took my son for his first shoe shine...after they were done, our boots looked better than when they were new...

The next day we headed back home, and went on a little excursion towards Majalca. We didn't have enough time to get all the way to the park, but I just wanted to know where it was...we got as far as we could, about ten miles from the entrance to the canyons; and turned back... but hopefully we'll be back soon and do it all the way...

The Samalayuca Sand Dunes, near Juarez...another place we'd like to go in the future...

Last edited:

SnoViking

Adventurer
I travel down to Chihuahua occasionally for work and I was always curious about exploring outside the city. I only hear things from people who I think actually have no actual idea of what happens beyond the hotels and offices.... It looks like beautiful country thats for sure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke