Elegant Cable raceway suggestions

S2DM

Adventurer
Going to do a cable raceway on the interior roof of my build ( http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/141578-F550-Surf-Camper-Build-Adrift-in-the-Green-Room ) for the initial wiring until we have everything really sorted as to what goes where. Felt like we should use it for a bit before I make any wiring choices permanent by routing them into the ceiling.
Looking at the legrand/wiremold nm1, which is nice enough, but not that nice per se. Any suggestions on an upscale option? Needs to be paintable and able to follow a gentle curve.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I agree, most legitimate wire-mold is junk. :sombrero:

How about flexible PVC trim with a relief cut on the backside?

How many wires are you working with?

S2DM

Adventurer
I agree, most legitimate wire-mold is junk. :sombrero:

How about flexible PVC trim with a relief cut on the backside?

How many wires are you working with?

Not that many, one set of LED lighting cables, 12v motor power and position control cables, vent fan, nightlight. The wiremold is appealing because its probably the lowest profile option and I'd like this to blend in because I'll likely eventually recess it. But it looks like an afterthought (which it is. I've changed course so many times that my original lighting plan is long gone :). I used PVC cut in half to vacuum bag some carbon fiber profiles roof stringer/wiring runs originally, but I test fit another set of those and it looked a little hokey.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Sorry if this reply is too late...

I've always thought industrual/automation wiring raceway would be perfect in a camper application. I haven't used it for this purpose personally but have used dozens of meters of the stuff in automation installations. Very easy to work with, relatively robust, and cheap. Doesn't look bad either.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Wiring_Solutions/Wire_Duct_-a-_Accessories

Love your build. Keep up the awesome work.

SG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles