Let's see your 2nd Gen Colorado/Canyon

Something more recent

77635261-5416-4002-9509-672685CFA115_zpsfoiqpcs1.jpg

Jelorian

Adventurer
Must say that I'm really liking these new Colorado/Canyon's!! Great looking trucks! I think I like the diesels even more! For those that have them, any feedback?

I love it. I'm 90% city/heavy traffic and still pulling off mid 23MPG lifted with wheels/tires and about 200lbs of gear. Stock in in the same commute I was at 25MPG.

doctorit

Adventurer
Some great looking trucks here - amazing what just the 1" lift does!

I just had a '17 Z71 diesel on a 24-hr test drive; for just under 100 miles, I averaged 24.1 mpg! It was all local driving and included plenty of sitting and idling at the dealership while the salesman went through the truck, and remote-start warmups that evening and the next morning. In other words, about as bad as it gets, and it still returned excellent results. I'll hopefully be picking it up by the end of this week.

rickc

Adventurer
Just starting out... I bought this a few days ago. It's quite the departure from my old 98 AMG H1. I was planning on a Taco but started researching these and then this one was available locally, already lifted 5.5" (BDS) and with decent rims/tires; 20" Fuel Vectors and Toyo 305/55 R20 Open Country II Extremes. As soon as my bank account recovers I will be looking at a rear full-size spare and a rear carrier of some type. Any one experienced with Wilco rear mount carriers?

IMG_0779.JPG

doctorit

Adventurer
265/70-17 grabbers, 1.25 Zone spacer, and some led cubes on Alternative Offroad hinge mounts. Yanked the deflector, and a slim toolbox from Lowes. 5800 on the clock and we head to New Mexico tomorrow.
Do you get any rub with just the Zone level and this size tire?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Just starting out... I bought this a few days ago. It's quite the departure from my old 98 AMG H1. I was planning on a Taco but started researching these and then this one was available locally, already lifted 5.5" (BDS) and with decent rims/tires; 20" Fuel Vectors and Toyo 305/55 R20 Open Country II Extremes. As soon as my bank account recovers I will be looking at a rear full-size spare and a rear carrier of some type. Any one experienced with Wilco rear mount carriers?

View attachment 377206

I have a wilco carrier. Bought it when they were still Hitchrack. Shipping adds substantial cost its a solid heavy piece of gear. I used it on my J80 so I could bring the 285 spare on road trips and still have room in the back. So basically I only used it in the summer, then the spare and the hitch rack sat in the shed. Nice set up for the money. It didnt really impact rear departure height. The stock tow bar on the 80 was a far larger snag than anything in the hitch. I still have mine kept it, for a future rig ;-)

I knocked about $150 off the cost picking it up in LA during a trip.

doctorit

Adventurer
None what so ever.
Perfect, thanks!

Another question for this group: anyone know if there's a replacement part for the front lip / air dam / spoiler / whatever-you-wanna-call-it? I know I can just remove it, but wondering if there's a minimalist option out there to clean it up just a little.

Last edited:

CodyY

Explorer
Perfect, thanks!

Another question for this group: anyone know if there's a replacement part for the front lip / air dam / spoiler / whatever-you-wanna-call-it? I know I can just remove it, but wondering if there's a minimalist option out there to clean it up just a little.
air-body-saw.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rkj__

Adventurer
Yup. Lots of people trim a few inches off the air dam.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior