If I ran the Land Cruiser Devlopment Division:

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Oh yeah, Toyota posted record profits in 2015

LC Fanboy huh?

No surprise since the MSRP on a new US-spec LC is as over-priced a vehicle as one can buy. The profit margin on the US-spec LC makes it appealing to no off roaders at all.

But go to the RoW markets and you'll see LC for far less. Those are the LCs people on this forum might actually buy.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
LC Fanboy huh?

Well, fanboy amongst other things. ;)

No surprise since the MSRP on a new US-spec LC is as over-priced a vehicle as one can buy. The profit margin on the US-spec LC makes it appealing to no off roaders at all.

I have customers going from 80's & 100's into built 200's far quicker than we saw 60 & 80 customers building 100's, they are every bit as popular as the 100 Series was when new. The price of the 200 does nothing to help me, of course I would love to see it lower, that would potentially open the market even more and leave customers more budget to modify which is where we make our living.

But go to the RoW markets and you'll see LC for far less. Those are the LCs people on this forum might actually buy.

In in the land of make believe we can play that game... We don't get that vehicle here, never will so what is the point?

I'm as versed on ROW Cruisers as any. I've traveled across 5 continents in non-US Cruisers and visited 100's of international 4x4 shops and Toyota facilities. I've got 3 non-US Turbo diesel Land Cruisers in my driveway this morning... I'm certainly up to speed there. It's neither here nor there, we still are not getting a 7x Series or poverty package 200 despite how many times we ask.

About that "cheap" ROW Cruiser. The E7 VDJ79 was purchased bone stock in Brisbane, Aus. ~$65k U.S. got us a cab/chassis, vinyl floors and hand crank windows. Sure a HZJ or GRJ variant would be $15-20k less but have you ever drive a full laden HZJ or GRJ Cruiser? I have, it's not a VDJ or URJ and the U.S. Market would complain.

AK.xplorer

Observer
I wonder what's new with the BMW and Toyota joint venture? There's not many engine-specific updates. Traditionally, Toyota super cars had the glorious inline six engines, one them, the most legendary of it's time. I'd take a wild guess that the engine linked below, might be similar to what powers the next Toyota super car. Hopefully more denso and other japanese engine management parts are used, than german stuff:

That would be great if the success of this venture leads to further development in other departments. I wonder if Toyota will get back into the business of the inline six engines with the new car? Maybe they could consider another market and get back to business with the inline six in the Land Cruiser?

A Land Cruiser more attuned with the heritage of inline six-powered, solid front axle vehicles that have dominated the world for a half century, no longer exists in current models.

In the meantime, well there's plenty of import opportunities and 80's series with a pile of life left in em.
When legal, i'll for sure be importing a 105, shifting gears from the right hand or left hand side makes absolutely no difference for me.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
A Land Cruiser more attuned with the heritage of inline six-powered, solid front axle vehicles that have dominated the world for a half century, no longer exists

HZJ76/78/79 certainly exist, just not now or ever as a new offering in the US

p nut

butter
You can keep the inline 6. I much prefer the power and efficiency of the V8.
_
Oh, and hold on to the SFA as well. IFS suits me fine. :elkgrin:

Boss Hog

Observer
I like to keep it simple...vinyl floors, with floor mats standard, cloth seats, sliding rear glass windows, standard air compressor (we had a Pontiac in the '80s with one), and about 2'' more height/lift.
I'm sure I just described something already available overseas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior