2014 ram 2500 build

87ttop

Wheels came in and they are off to powder coat. The wheels will be satin black and the beadlock ring will be a bronzish/gold color. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

87ttop

thethePete

Explorer
Looking good.

Playing with big trucks is definitely hard work; be glad you had the coils in the back, and not a more traditional leaf-sprung set up. Now there's a work out.

Are you sure those rear shocks are installed correctly? I find it odd that they would hang the reservoir exposed down low like that, usually the body goes at the top to keep it protected... If they say to install them that way, by all means I'm not one to correct them, it just goes against most of what I've seen and done.

87ttop

Yeah. They are installed correctly. The top mount is in the frame and there isn't room for the shock body and resevoir.

87ttop

Now I'm waiting on wheels to get back from powder coat. When the truck is back from alignment I will start to install the lights. The center light is gonna be a Vision X 30" XPR light. The outer bumper lights are gonna be the Vision X 3" Optimus lights. When I get done with my roof rack I'm gonna have the 4" light cannons in the corners and 3... 6.7" light cannons in the middle.

thethePete

Explorer
Looks awesome, now you need to get that big rubber mounted up. ;) Didn't mean to ruffle feathers with the shock question. I haven't had the chance to poke around under the back of the new Ram HDs yet. They really are a nice truck, and Carli makes some awesome kit.

Any plans for outfitting the back to sleep, or just storage?

mikekey

Deplorable
Not a bad build at all. You consider losing those weak side steps and replacing them with actual sliders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior