2014 ram 2500 build

87ttop

I'm new to overland! I've always wanted to do this stuff I just didn't know what it was called. I'm also into desert racing, and trail riding. I have a rzr4 me and my family trail ride with and recently bought an new old stock Ram 2500. I got a great deal on it. It's a 14 ram 2500 longhorn edition, quad cab, short bed, 4x4, with a cummins! I love the truck! It's sits pretty high as is but rides like a tank. The first thing I purchased for it is a Snugtop Reble camper.
image.jpg

87ttop

I made a huge order from CJC Offroad last week. I ordered the Carli 2.5 pintop suspension with upgraded Carli sway bar and high mount steering stabilizer. Along with the Carli I also ordered a Thuren bumper, 17" trail ready beadlocks w/ World Series ring, and got some 37x13.5r17 Toyo R/ts. It all arrived today except for the wheels.image.jpg
image.jpg

polar bear

I have the Carli pintop system on my 15 cummins with 37s and I will say your going to like it. Your going to need to trim the plastic inner fender a bit for tire clearance and I also removed a bit of the pinch weld but I'm not positive this needs to be done and turning the caster adjusters to max will help too and should get you 4-5 deg which I think is what you want.
Mine drives really well flying down the freeway or on the trail.
Are you going to do the install your self?

87ttop

Yes, I am gonna do the install myself. I'm sending my bumper off for powder coating tomorrow. Once my wheels come in they will go too!

polar bear

Get some good jacks and stands, these trucks are heavy! I was beat after two days of wrenching but now I know whats going on under there and what to keep an eye on.
So far after 8000miles I've had to re tighten the front track bar, lug nuts and most recently the drag link.

OR2BAJA

Observer
As I mentioned on Cummins forum, you are going love it. I hear so often on here that they do not need x, y and z in regards to suspension. The only thing I would have recommended to change is your bead lock ring, they are great on slow speed crawling but out in the desert they can cause some balance issues. I have owned two set of trail ready's but with the standard ring for that exact reason.

Retarius

Observer
Awesome to see another 4th gen on here. I have a 2011 with the Carli pintop. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the sway bar and thuren bumper. I've been contemplating building a tube bumper with Patton Fab horns but the thuren has been growing on me. I love the look of the new RTs and have been thinking of switching to those from the ATs. Prior to the ats i had the mts which are a bit much for my needs 90% of the time.

jerstw

Adventurer
Sweet truck and nice parts list you have going.

Anxious to hear your results with the balancing rings...I am just about done with trying to keep my tiny 35's balanced and the rings are my last hope I am guessing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles