2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Build

ADVSubaru

Observer
Quite a busy weekend! Installed the lift kit and front lights.

The lift kit took quite a bit longer to install than I thought. I also removed my rear swaybar to squeak out a little but more flex. The ARB awning provided some much needed shade during the day!

The SSD Light Bar was very easy to install. The bumper cover had to be removed but that was the hardest part. The Australian license plate is probably my favorite "mod" to date ha! The new IPF 900 XSL lights are awesome lights and look great out front. They pack a hell of a punch for the money.

Took this picture this past Sunday around 10PM. This is with the lift kit installed. The final outcome is 10" of clearance at the rear diff on 205/75R15 tires. A decent amount of room for a crossover! The Primitive Racing kit comes with a stiffer spring rate and it really shows. Even with the roof top tent and no rear sway bar, the car still handles better than stock for. I'm really impressed with the kit and cant wait to put it to the test next month at Rausch Creek.

That's all the photos/updates I have for now.

Stroverlander

Adventurer
Looks great! I'm really impressed with the raised King springs from Primitive on 2010 Impreza OBS. Just a slight bit more initial roll but then goes firm and feels planted without any harshness and perfect for all-around driving.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
These crosstreks looks great lifted. Wish they came from the factory with that much clearance. My buddy still has serious problems rubbing the chin on absolutely everything. I'm sure the lift solves that problem.

ADVSubaru

Observer
Your car is pictured on the OK4wd.com website.
I work at OK4WD :)

These crosstreks looks great lifted. Wish they came from the factory with that much clearance. My buddy still has serious problems rubbing the chin on absolutely everything. I'm sure the lift solves that problem.
They definitely look better for sure! Sadly the engine is pushed far forward to accommodate the AWD system that the approach angle takes a bit hit. If you can swing a custom front bumper or can stand the look of running with no bumper cover, the approach angle is much improved.

Looks great! I'm really impressed with the raised King springs from Primitive on 2010 Impreza OBS. Just a slight bit more initial roll but then goes firm and feels planted without any harshness and perfect for all-around driving.
Thanks! I definitely agree - the King springs are a must IMO!

ADVSubaru

Observer
Fitted the ARB Frizzer this weekend. Made the floor using plywood and then covered everything in black felt. I also had to make a base for the fridge slide to get over the 3" lip on the bottom portion of the hatch. Its a very tight fit and doesn't leave room for much cargo... but that's what a trailer is for ;)

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
This demonstrates a trend that I hate, the slope of the rear means something that's a little taller has to sit further forward. The space between the fridge and the hatch isn't "wasted" but it will be difficult to use effectively. My xB doesn't have the issue and I've made full use of the length and height. Moving to something else would be difficult to accept.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
This demonstrates a trend that I hate, the slope of the rear means something that's a little taller has to sit further forward. The space between the fridge and the hatch isn't "wasted" but it will be difficult to use effectively. My xB doesn't have the issue and I've made full use of the length and height. Moving to something else would be difficult to accept.

Ditto. Give me the old Volvo/XJ wagons over the modern jellybeans.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
This looks fantastic! Love me some lifted Crosstrek. If our WRX ever bit the dust, I'd be all over a Hyper Blue Crosstrek.

ADVSubaru

Observer
I definitely agree with you here. This isn't really an issue in a Forester or even a Outback, but it was evident when I was installing the fridge in the Crosstrek. There's about a half an inch between the Frizzer and the glass. I'll make use of the space between the hatch and the fridge, but it'd be great if I could butt it up against the hatch to use the space more efficiently. I've learned to roll with the punches, so the speak, with the car. I found an AEV Jack Base fits quite well in what easily could've been wasted space right behind the rear wheel well though :D

Ditto. Give me the old Volvo/XJ wagons over the modern jellybeans.
Hard to hate an V70 XC!

This looks fantastic! Love me some lifted Crosstrek. If our WRX ever bit the dust, I'd be all over a Hyper Blue Crosstrek.
I wish they had a hyper blue option in 2014... because my Crosstrek would be that color for sure.

perkj

Explorer
Fitted the ARB Frizzer this weekend. Made the floor using plywood and then covered everything in black felt. I also had to make a base for the fridge slide to get over the 3" lip on the bottom portion of the hatch. Its a very tight fit and doesn't leave room for much cargo... but that's what a trailer is for ;)

Are you using the crank battery to power the fridge or did you also fit an AUX battery? If using the crank, did you fit a larger AGM and if so what size?

Also with the fridge in does the passenger side rear seat need to be folded down or can it be put upright?

Last edited:

ADVSubaru

Observer
Are you using the crank battery to power the fridge or did you also fit an AUX battery? If using the crank, did you fit a larger AGM and if so what size?

Also with the fridge in does the passenger side rear seat need to be folded down or can it be put upright?

Crank battery - I opted for an Optima yellow top as the factory battery was kind of weak to begin with. There isn't really any room in the engine bay to run a dual battery setup and I didn't want to run the system in the car due to the lack of room already - especially after the fridge install.

Sadly the passenger side rear seat needs to be down. There's just not enough room in the cargo area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior