100 vs 200

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I'm also wondering about this comparison. My current Chevy diesel crew cab is worth about $32,000 so that is my budget. I found a 2005 LX470 with 65k, a 2006 100 series Land Cruser with about 65k, and a 2009 LX570 with 109k all in that price range.

It will be a daily driver for wife and 3 daughters during the week and needs to tow our 5000 lb travel trailer around the state of Washington and Oregon on long weekends.

What say y'all? Sounds like the 5.7 if the 200 series would be ideal for towing, but I'm not stoked about spending $30k on something with more than 100k miles.

I'd go with the 100 series LC out of those but that's simply because I think the 100 has a more classic look than the 200. Good luck with your decision.

p nut

butter
I'm also wondering about this comparison. My current Chevy diesel crew cab is worth about $32,000 so that is my budget. I found a 2005 LX470 with 65k, a 2006 100 series Land Cruser with about 65k, and a 2009 LX570 with 109k all in that price range.

It will be a daily driver for wife and 3 daughters during the week and needs to tow our 5000 lb travel trailer around the state of Washington and Oregon on long weekends.

What say y'all? Sounds like the 5.7 if the 200 series would be ideal for towing, but I'm not stoked about spending $30k on something with more than 100k miles.

Tow 5k lbs? No question here. Get the 5.7. Think about a new Tundra Crewmax as well.

purdytj

seeker
Tow 5k lbs? No question here. Get the 5.7. Think about a new Tundra Crewmax as well.

I failed to mention previously that I need 3 rows of seats for my growing family. I like the look of the Toyota Tundra but need more seats and seat belts. That pushes me towards a Landcruiser or a Toyota Sequoia.

p nut

butter
I failed to mention previously that I need 3 rows of seats for my growing family. I like the look of the Toyota Tundra but need more seats and seat belts. That pushes me towards a Landcruiser or a Toyota Sequoia.

You'll get more bang for buck with a Sequoia. It's pretty capable off-road as well. I actually wouldn't mind one myself (if I didn't need/want a truck).

pyrate

Rollin' along
I am curiously watching this thread as I am considering a Land Cruiser vs my Tacoma due to the family of 3. But I don't know much about the different models. I have been looking through the various sticky notes to see what others have owned but is there an easy way to see the comparisons / differences between the series? This is the only one I am familiar with and it's very much a beast of a truck without many creature comforts. FullSizeRender.jpg

purdytj

seeker
pyrate: We were considering Sequoia versus Land Cruiser. At the beginning of May we purchased a 2009 200-series Lexus LX570 and it has MANY creature comforts! More than we've ever experienced (or deserve). Save up and get one!

Last edited:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I am curiously watching this thread as I am considering a Land Cruiser vs my Tacoma due to the family of 3. But I don't know much about the different models. I have been looking through the various sticky notes to see what others have owned but is there an easy way to see the comparisons / differences between the series? This is the only one I am familiar with and it's very much a beast of a truck without many creature comforts.

A quick Model Guide

4Running

Deals can be found on 200 series and the aftermarket offerings are beginning to multiply as this series has been around for almost a decade so it's getting much more off road use in North America. You might want to check out ih8mud. There are definitely a few over there that graduated from 100 to 200's...

4x4tripping

Adventurer
I did choose the LC 200 with an V8 D4D engine

TransAfrica-Flyer.jpg

I did`nt regret it.

My Transafrica Blog: http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com

My Panamericana Blog (uncompleted): http://adventure-overland.blogspot.com

It has 88`000km on the clock jet, many of them at on journeys, I did live 8 months inside of the vehicle.

IMG_4006.JPG

There is even an buildup thread arround: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/71493-Land-Cruiser-200-an-overland-build-up

Dusche.jpg

Comfort, Storage, Safety (Airbags, ESP), capable... Many reasons speaks for...

4x4tripping

VooDoo2

The ultimate Landcruiser.

200 series, twin turbo V8 Dieset, Dual cab conversion, 500mm stretch, 4000kg GVM, 4000kg tow capacity, Li-ion batterys, solar, 3 fridges, mobile workshop, ICON suspension,

IMG_0432.JPG
2016-06-01 19.02.33.jpg
12339487_10154099700528619_8646920753303697304_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94