Warning for 2012+ in regard to DEF nozzle

Its not the fault itself I want to isolated and manipulate, its the systems response to that fault that I want to isolated and manipulate.

It would be nice if there was a component shown on the vehicle schematic that was labeled 'Transmission Limp Home Solenoid' with a connector that I could disconnect.

I get what you're saying. If one knew what voltage (and possibly impedance or output resistance?) is normally presented to the ECU when thing are normal, you could pull that wire(s) and fake it. With a schematic and some (plenty) spare time...

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Without a viable scan tool that can give you the appropriate error codes, finding the relevant sensor/s that have caused the ECU to go into limp mode is extremely difficult. That is my biggest issue with these systems; fault finding is very difficult without a scan tool.
It should be possible to "fake" the signal going back to the ECU from a sensor (if you know the specs of the sensor) but finding which sensor to fake is the challenge here.
The sensor itself may not be damaged. It could be as simple as a damaged wire (from a stone or stick hitting it) or a poor connection. If you know which sensor is causing the error then you can do some basic fault finding, but without this knowledge you are just flying blind.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Without a viable scan tool that can give you the appropriate error codes, finding the relevant sensor/s that have caused the ECU to go into limp mode is extremely difficult. That is my biggest issue with these systems; fault finding is very difficult without a scan tool.
It should be possible to "fake" the signal going back to the ECU from a sensor (if you know the specs of the sensor) but finding which sensor to fake is the challenge here.
The sensor itself may not be damaged. It could be as simple as a damaged wire (from a stone or stick hitting it) or a poor connection. If you know which sensor is causing the error then you can do some basic fault finding, but without this knowledge you are just flying blind.

What I've found is that the older systems were much easier to simulate sensor inputs because they were much less sophisticated. Older ECUs relied on discreet inputs but s modern ECU is looking at multiple sensor inputs and how they vary with each other to detect abnormal conditions. You have to intercept and inject multiple signals based on other signals and it gets very complicated.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Heckuva lot more protection, that's for sure. Looks good and it'll be interesting to see how much abuse it takes (prevents?) over the coming miles.

Alastair D(Aus)

aging but active
I am sure glad I went for a truck made just before the emission controls went mad and required all these add ons. I support lower emissions but it needs to be done by good primary engine design not problematic gizmos tacked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94