Speedo Correction

Aussie Iron

Explorer

This and a couple of other interesting projects are on the go.

Dan.
The Right Gear.

DSCF3270a.jpg

Finally I have been able to come up with the right gear to correct our speedos. With fitting super singles (315/75x16) the diameter puts the speedo out. When we were at 100kph on the GPS the speedo would be reading only 97kph, so not good as you would be going to fast if you relied on the speedo. With the new gear we are at 100kph on the speedo and only 98 on the GPS . This is the legal right side to be on. And this is without a correction box at about $500.00 actually half that price.

Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Is this something that you have had made up or is it an off the shelf part?

This is something that I have been able to source from overseas from private contacts. I've brought in two (to tryout) for our own use (Candy and mine) but may be able to source more.

Dan.

Hi Dan let me now how they go as I may be in the market for one as my correction box is rusted and the price of the new one put e off touching it...... Did you have to do any other changes to the box/gear?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I know that this is not relevant to your truck Dan, but I read with interest in another thread that the Fuso USA dealers were able to reprogram the ECU to cater for different tyre sizes.
I do not know if that is an option here in Oz, but I would definitely be interested in doing that, opposed to using the little adjustment box I have connected to the gearbox now, as it would be a lot more reliable.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Hi Dan let me now how they go as I may be in the market for one as my correction box is rusted and the price of the new one put e off touching it...... Did you have to do any other changes to the box/gear?

At this stage I have one fitted in mine and it is going well but it has only been a couple of days. Candy's Canter is not quite on the road yet but hopefully in a couple of days if I can arrange the new blue plate and roadworthy. There are no other changes needed, just remove old gear and fit new one.

Dan.

gait

Explorer
I need a new gear, my old adjustment box collapsed. But my understanding of gears is being a bit challenged here. What has changed between old and new gears?

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I need a new gear, my old adjustment box collapsed. But my understanding of gears is being a bit challenged here. What has changed between old and new gears?

Number of teeth on the new gear (18) is different to old gear (19). It depends on your tyre size but there may be other ratios available.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz