1999 Chevy Suburban K2500

GmTech14

Observer
I can't stand to do it at once lol. I'll just do multiple 20 dollar trips during the week, it makes me feel better...

justcuz

Explorer
No lift required for 33's. I run 285/75x16's (32.8" tall) on my 1993 and 2000 K1500 Suburbans.
No rubbing and no lift required, but I have done some suspension work on both.

Find some H2 take offs and run 285 or 305 70 or greater series tires.
Remember the higher the aspect ratio the taller and narrower the tire will be.
The H2 wheels with your current center caps would look nice.

These things are not notorious for having great flex.
If your selling the jeep and don't plan to tow much with it, have the rear springs re arched +1" and remove the overload leaf.
In the front just disconnect the sway bar when out in rough areas.

Lucky for me I've never had the intake leak, but mine is a TBI, not a Vortec engine.

GmTech14

Observer
thanks for the reply... im thinking crager soft 8's for wheels and i guess my main concern isnt flex but ride quality and im trying to avoid having to crank my keys.

and the intake wasnt too bad to do, just a PITA to have to do period lol

Bojak

Adventurer
Love the burb. I have always really liked this bodystyle. Yours looks like it is in really good shape. Keep up the good work.

justcuz

Explorer
I think if you maintain the factory backspacing you should be OK...and still use your factory center caps too!
I don't know how wide the factory steel wheels are, but I recently learned that GM factory aluminum truck wheels are only 6.5 inches wide. H2 wheels are 8 or 8.5 inches wide.

GmTech14

Observer
Love the burb. I have always really liked this bodystyle. Yours looks like it is in really good shape. Keep up the good work.
thank you!!

I think if you maintain the factory backspacing you should be OK...and still use your factory center caps too!
I don't know how wide the factory steel wheels are, but I recently learned that GM factory aluminum truck wheels are only 6.5 inches wide. H2 wheels are 8 or 8.5 inches wide.

well i went with a tire rack brand wheel and 285/75/16's. rub slightly. still excited!!!

GmTech14

Observer
well sold the jeep finally!!! ordered some wheels and 285/75/16 duratracs in load E and im super pumped. time for the mods to roll in!!!

tires 3.jpg
tires 2.jpg
tires.jpg

GmTech14

Observer
8 inches wide, perhaps you have a different offset. I have a 2 in lift coming to get rid of the slight rubbing.

rayra

Expedition Leader

The factory steel rim I obtained for my spare on my '02 Z71 is stamped 17x7.5, the aluminum rims are listed at that size too. 6.5 seems too narrow, even for the 16s. I'd have thought they were 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online