1999 Chevy Suburban K2500

TurboChris

Adventurer
Beautiful 99, I love my 98! I'm kind of a pac rat....after owning this thing for 10 years....I just can't hardly imagine going camping in anything smaller, it wouldn't hold all my stuff!

Ghostwarrior

Beautiful 99, I love my 98! I'm kind of a pac rat....after owning this thing for 10 years....I just can't hardly imagine going camping in anything smaller, it wouldn't hold all my stuff!

Look great. I love my 99 suburban LT Z71. Had it for 3 years. I isnt sell it. I might buy another one as K2500 suburban

GmTech14

Observer
well, been a minute since I've been here. not too much has been done with the burb since I recently bought a house. Between that, work, and getting engaged my plates been full. However I did have vacation this week and took a 5 day trip up Michigan into the UP and back down around through Wisconsin. Slept in back and truck did great!! went on around 40 miles of logging roads but the vast majority was highway sightseeing. Very fun! 3 full tanks got me 13-13.5 MPG (compensated for tires). Will do it again.

Me and the fiance pre-trip
1.jpg

Mackinac bridge
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

OH I have done something recently to the truck... fixed the broken driver's door handle
8.jpg

Most recent project has been replacing the engine in the lady's jeep... got the donor one out yesterday
9.jpg

GmTech14

Observer
Can you tell me what was involved with the sending unit swap? I got a 2000 2500 that reads full, always. Looking to address this soon.
it was really easy. drop tank (lots of room to do so in this vehicle) and remove sending unit. a haynes manual should be helpful.

I would test your gauge first.
nahhhhh shotgunned it;)

Here is hoping the new gauge works well Tech14:wings:
yes sir very well!!

Thanks. Yeah I build the bumpers front and rear. My suburban k1500 has rough country 6" lift kit and Rollin 315 tires.
they look sweet!!

love the blue!!! where did you get your bumpers?

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
There is some serious looking pics of GM trucks here. I love looking at all these fine rigs. Cheers, chilli..:)

GmTech14

Observer
Been awhile, not too much has been done recently, lots of work and just driving.
however, I did do some stuff the other week I didn't post.

dropped 400 bucks and redid my entire steering set up as it was getting loose esp on the drivers side. I also has a pull to the left when braking hard due to my bad ball joints.

burb new parts.jpg
all the new goodies

burb fe apart.jpg
all apart!

burb fe together.jpg
back together.

burb old parts.jpg
all the old stuff.

I proceeded to allign it after obviously.

I also have been battling with an intermittent no start/loss of power entirely due to my dual positive cable bolt continuously vibrating free. I had tried a new bolt and inner sleeve but it just kept happening. I fixed that with the good ol double nut trick
burb battery.jpg

just been doing little things here and there, cant wait for the weather to warm up to get out and do some camping.

GmTech14

Observer
todays project wasnt on the burb, but the fiances heep- i mean jeep.

The main thing it needed was the engine which I installed and thats been running well for a few months now, but it had a bunch of odds and ends i tried to take care of today.

squeaky belt needed replaced
jeep belt.jpg

turn signal flasher was on the fritz, cant have her pulled over
jeep flasher.jpg

rear brake adjusting cable has been broken so the rears lock up at un-opportune times, redid that
jeep brakes.jpg

got all matching lug nuts
jeep lugs.jpg

LF u-joint was bad... can you tell where?
jeep u joint.jpg

also swapped the steelies that were on it to jeep aluminum wheels
jeep wheels.jpg

jeep done.jpg

and... one of my awesome toolbox.
jeep toolbox.jpg

The only thing i didnt get a pic of was fixing some of the connectors for the upgraded headlight harness i made

here are the before and after of my headlight harness install, same bulb. big difference
be4.jpg
after.jpg

each bulb is on its own relay (overkill I know)

GmTech14

Observer
more maintenance today... this seems more like a build thread than expedition but i only have a couple weeks a year for that lol.

started off with replacing my front pinion seal

before
z pinion after.jpg
after
z pinion after )real.jpg

had a leaking heater hose fitting i replaced (again)
z heater hose fitiing.jpg

resurfaced my drums so i could adjust my rear brake shoes without it getting caught on the rust lip
z drums.jpg

a poopy shot of my pristine rockers (CRAZY for a 20 year old car that has spent it's life in indiana)
z rockers.jpg

lastly i removed the side moldings. Still need to buff what little is left of the adhesive that didnt come off with my rubber wheel.
z declad.jpg
z deckad 3.jpg

I have $1200+ in parts coming in next week stay tuned..

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looks like a ton of upgrades you got going there GM Tech! Good to see the misses helping out in the garage. Thanks for posting. Cheers, Chilli...:)

GmTech14

Observer
Sooo it’s been a while.... but I put a Cummins in the burb. It’s pretty sweet. Will update more soon

Attachments

• 9EF2E93C-42B5-4CCC-B485-04E04422A117.jpeg
    9EF2E93C-42B5-4CCC-B485-04E04422A117.jpeg
    893.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 78BBCCAA-18D5-4BA2-A3B3-A9B15A07FA6F.jpeg
    78BBCCAA-18D5-4BA2-A3B3-A9B15A07FA6F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

lilkia

What trans did you put behind it? I have a gmt400 ccsb 2500 with the 4l80e that Im getting ready to redo. I have a '92 Cummins 12v turbo with the 5speed (nv3500/4500 not sure)and I just picked up a 8.1ltr, one of those is going into the truck but I want to stick with an auto. The stock 4l80 will work with the 8.1 but I dont think I want to leave it behind the cummins.
My suburban is a gmt800 2500 with the 8.1/4l80e and I love it but the thought of a 12v in my truck makes me giggity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94