Central Mexico and 2 weeks

74ironpig

After long talks and planning with my wife (Karina) we have finally left for Mexico. Three months of gearing up, buying plane tickets early in the year and having family in country to stay with has helped tremendously.

It all started Sunday morning at 4am. 6am at airport with Karina and daughter Heather in tow. First leg from Tulsa Oklahoma to Dallas, quick plane change and on to Mexico City. We lucked out at customs and got the green light. Yay! No baggage search. Go through the sliding doors and we meet up with uncle Jose.
Next leg includes a 3 hour bus ride to Queretaro

Karina with Jose buying tickets.
Will update soon.

74ironpig

We were well received upon arrival by the rest of the family and were treated to a generous meal. After dinner, we made our way to a Ice cream stand with recipes that have been handed down for generations.
Being my first time out of the U.S.A. "assuming you don't count Canada", it's quite the experience. That night we go downtown and take in the local fares and see some of the sights. This will be fun since I will try anything when it comes to food. Then finished out the day with the aqueduct.

74ironpig

Just when you think you've met every one... Nope. Off we go to Tia Magda's Cafe. Yay! More food. I can't complain since family won't let us pay for anything. Free food. Thank you all! Are you hungry? Do you want a taco? Gorditas? Flautas? How about pan dulce? No?? How can there be this much food?

I can't get enough of the history and the feeling of the stories untold in this country. Being my first "adventure" outside what I would call normal and comfortable. I will be forever changed. Even though we took the easy way in. On with the review. Following food, We again stumbled upon the downtown square. In which we found a Tutanhkuman Exhibit. Wow. When do we go to Egypt??

Above the exhibit was murals depicting the Mexican revolution and Liberation.

Upon heading home I saw this little jewel. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

74ironpig

Tomorrow is finally here. Off to the newly discovered pyramid. It has a hacienda at the top dating 1850s. Even though the pyramid is from 300 to 500 A.D.

Right at the end of the tour my mother-in-law decided to gracefully roll down the stairs prompting a hospital visit. After lunch of course. A sprained ankle later, we are off to the house for much needed rest.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier