WTB Kawasaki KL250 Super Sherpa, Yamaha XT250 or similar bike

I'm in the market and looking for a good starter bike with solid dual-sport bones. Ease of maintenance would be a plus, but if anyone has any good suggestions in the 250cc range or is looking to sell, I'm all ears. I'm in Richmond, VA but have been known to travel for lesser things. I also work in shipping, so if anyone's willing to go that route...

MrWesson

Adventurer
I'm in the market and looking for a good starter bike with solid dual-sport bones. Ease of maintenance would be a plus, but if anyone has any good suggestions in the 250cc range or is looking to sell, I'm all ears. I'm in Richmond, VA but have been known to travel for lesser things. I also work in shipping, so if anyone's willing to go that route...

Are you a shorter guy?

If so you're headed down the right path.

I'm 5'6", bought a KLR650, fell over alot, Bought an XT225, got much better, outgrew the bike(very fast), and started riding the KLR650 again(this time I did it well).

Now i'm riding a CRF250L which has a seat height of 34", will cruise at 70(the XT wouldn't), far better suspension, Looks good and is fuel injected.

IMO if you're a tall guy go with a WR250R.. Power is controllable, weight is low/reasonable, can cruise at HWY speeds and the best in it's class. I would have but 37" seat height sucks.

I'd go with the XT225 over the XT250 if you're going down that road because it makes similar power and is lighter(unless you're heavy because the suspension sucks).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz