Dempster to Tuktoyaktuk and the Arctic Ocean

Scott Brady

Founder
Nine years ago I drove to the Arctic Ocean in a Tacoma, a trip that would help launch Overland Journal and a decade of travel.

I am now in the airport waiting to fly north to Whitehorse and drive the same route again, although this time with three American Expedition Vehicles, a few RAMs and a Wrangler. Although I consider myself a desert guy, the poles keep pulling me north and south.

I will do my best to post updates from the road

image.jpg
A photo of the view along the Dempster from my 2007 trip

image.jpg
This is one of the AEV Rams for the trip

toddz69

Explorer
Sounds like another great adventure! Looking forward to any updates you have along the way.

Todd Z.

Scott Brady

Founder
Just left Whitehorse this morning and found an ExPo member hanging out at the coffee shop.

Within a few hours we encountered our first grizzly

image.jpg

photo nomad

Adventurer
I spent almost 3 weeks up in the Yukon, NWT and Alaska in late August early September - including some very remote areas and never saw a single Grizzly! 2 hrs!! Some people have all the luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Just left Whitehorse this morning and found an ExPo member hanging out at the coffee shop.

Within a few hours we encountered our first grizzly

View attachment 340835

Really need to look out for those upside down Grizzly's...tricky buggers.

:)

Good luck. Your trip 9 years ago was the inspiration for many of us who now consider ourselves "old timers".

SG

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Well done, the second picture of the ice road is intense! Are there any pics that you can share of the Convoy in all of its AEV goodness?

screwball48

Explorer
My self and my family are flying to Alaska tomorrow. We will be visiting a family member on an island in the southeast. Hopefully your trip and ours will go safely. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94