2016 JKUR + 3.5"&315's = feeling of oversteer

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
bbs, I cannot believe that yours is not twitchy with low caster numbers like that. I think your just used to it...ha ha.

kojackJKU

So I took it back in to have the alignment checked as I just wasn't certain it was right. The first time I took it in a few weeks ago they didn't get the steering wheel perfectly centered so I did that myself before taking it in. It was definitely off a bit. Here are the before specs

076315d6c4d4398a8614184fab18957a.jpg

And after

36814eea742dcc5e7800315dfc5ccf7d.jpg

It feels a bit better for sure but my caster is just a tad on the high side accd to the specs. If it were 4° would that make a difference in the handling and would moving the upper arms to the lower position do that or put it closer to 6°?

It actually feels ok so I think I'll leave it alone for a while and maybe even throw the stock SS back on to see how it feels now that it's within spec.

Thanks

Nah, your caster is fine like that.

GFA

Adventurer
Yeah, I had the tires road force balanced at the same time as the alignment and of course they set the pressure to 50 or so. So, it obviously drove like crap till i looked at the TPMS gauge and saw that I needed to let tons of air out. This time I set them at 30psi but they were hot already, this AM they showed 27psi and it now drives much much better. I'm perfectly happy at this point yet still surprised how such minor issues cause it to feel different when my old '10 felt the same no matter what was different from one day to the next. Now that everything is dialed in I know where to keep it for good road manors and I'll also try the factory stabilizer to see if the Fox one is hiding anything but I doubt I'll see much difference.

SB

kojackJKU

Yeah, I hate when they do that. EVERY time I pull my rig from even getting an oil change the tire pressure is 45psi at least. I tell them don't touch my tires. No matter what do NOT touch my stuff that its not in the shop for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior