Another Gen1 Tundra Thread

scheefdog

Observer
I had 884 coils on 90004s on my last Tundra with a plate steel bumper (+/- 100lbs) and got what I thought was the right amount of lift. Probably about 1.5-2" because I had a 1.5" aal in the rear as well. I think the 885s will give you plenty of lift - more like 2.5-3" from what I have seen. I have a friend with the 885/90004 combo and his truck is tall in the front like that picture of two tracks.

The 884s and 885s have the same spring rate and I personally think it is well matched to a stiffer shock like the 90004s. The 886s would give you a really firm ride with harsh topping out unless you are running an ARB bumper) and winch. The shock compression and rebound has an effect on how the spring rate feels so I am not sure you can really say that a 650 is going to feel stiffer than a 600 because there more factors than that.

Tires pictured are 265/75r16 KO2s.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

AaronK

Explorer
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
I will be running an ARB bumper when it shows up. Not sure how much heavier over stock that will be. No winch for the time being. I've only run into one situation where I would have needed one and that was a rookie mistake a long time ago.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

huntsonora

Explorer
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Yes, I went with the 885's as I wasn't planning on a front bumper at the time. I put 15,000-20,000 miles a year on dirt roads and it's been a great setup for me

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I'm sitting at 24" from center hub to bottom of the fender with 885's on 90004 shocks. I have no complaints. They aren't the best for maximizing travel numbers, but I knew that going in.

Here's a more recent shot. Tires are 255/75/17's.

v_Rx_SB0_VVNBLRspa_Cw_Xq_Emyrdpd2hh_Fd_XB_SVRTj_AIHDZABmk.jpg

Last edited:

AaronK

Explorer
Thanks for the measurement TwoTrack. I'll check mine at lunch and see where I'm sitting now. Are you running factory UCAs? If so, any travel issues with the new setup?
If I have to replace them, I'll go the the LR ball joint arms. Spherical bearings are unappealing to me.

Huntsonora, are you using 90004 struts?

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I have LR arms on the way. If you get a good alignment the BJ won't contact the coil with stock arms, the tolerances are very tight though. Slightly off for me and it contacts.

AaronK

Explorer
I just measured and I'm only 19.25 hub to fender. This might work out

Flyer69

Observer
Nice looking rig you have there! Love that color, and that tire size looks right. What size are you running?

At times I wish I had the DC, but other times I'm glad for the longer bed and suicide doors of my AC.

AaronK

Explorer
Thanks! Tires are 265/70/17. I wish the previous owner hadn't put on the flashy chrome wheels but whatever.
I sometimes wish I had a DC too but my turning radius is bad enough as it is 😛

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier