Another Gen1 Tundra Thread

huntsonora

Explorer
Are you staying with 265's? I did on my double cab and I like them. Very little performance or mpg loss and I think they look good too

AaronK

Explorer
Yeah I plan to. They're less than a year old so they have a long way to go. At full bump with the wheel cranked they rub a bit so I'm not going bigger at this point.
Mileage didn't dip at all for me either. I was concerned about that because the ones these replaced were p metric and these are load range E.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Nice looking rig you have there! Love that color, and that tire size looks right. What size are you running?

At times I wish I had the DC, but other times I'm glad for the longer bed and suicide doors of my AC.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the beds are the exact same length. The bed on the DC is deeper though. You can put a cap made for an AC on a DC and they line up perfectly.

AaronK

Explorer
Yeah it's only the newer Crewmax version that only comes in the overly short bed

AaronK

Explorer
Well Sean, I'm very pleased to say that your prediction was wrong. Got my suspension installed tonight and I'm currently sitting 3.5" higher than I was before. After the ARB bar is installed I'm hoping it settles down some. That's a little more than I wanted. Photobucket is down right now so I can't upload pics.

AaronK

Explorer
Here's some pictures of the project:
Out with the old, in with the new
IMG_20160513_171325_zpsadrj0fyo.jpg

Installed:
image-20160513_191008_zpsahipcyst.jpg

Crappy shot of the finished product:
IMG_20160513_194541_zpsymmm1to8.jpg

AaronK

Explorer
A buddy came over today and helped me install the ARB bar. What a job that was. Took us a little over 4 hours to get everything together. Spent about another hour tidying things up and wiring the marker lights etc.
IMG_20160514_195522_zpszfejlcsg.jpg

huntsonora

Explorer
Rides like a champ doesn't it...

When I did mine I literally could not find one build on Expo or anywhere else where somebody had used the OME kit on a first gen tundra. The guy at Toytec didn't have a kit listed so I walked in with part numbers. I am so glad I went that route as its been great for over 90,000 rough miles

AaronK

Explorer
Looks great!

How much did the front suspension lower after install?
After the ARB bar install? It didn't. Not. One. Bit. I was a little disappointed by this as it is still riding higher than I want in the front end. About 3.5" higher. We'll see how this works out.
Rides like a champ doesn't it...

When I did mine I literally could not find one build on Expo or anywhere else where somebody had used the OME kit on a first gen tundra. The guy at Toytec didn't have a kit listed so I walked in with part numbers. I am so glad I went that route as its been great for over 90,000 rough miles
The ride is outstanding. I took it around some streets near my house where I know the bumps well to see the difference. To use a stale saying, night and day difference.
You're totally right. There's a large lack of available information regarding OME suspension on gen 1 tundras. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible during this process and will be posting numbers soon. Hopefully this thread can be a resource for other tundra owners.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Tundra looks good. I would look into do hose clamps on your cv boot and diff drop. I bet your inner cv boots are slinging grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AaronK

Explorer
They were and I did. I just put the hose clamp over the existing clamp. Seems to be working just fine. I have a diff drop. Unable to install it yesterday as my Ryobi impact wrench didn't have the balls to break the bolts free. I'll do it after work tomorrow with one of our pneumatic wrenches.

AaronK

Explorer
I'd be okay with that. Even a half inch would be better for my geometry.
I sprung for lifetime alignment at Firestone today. They got it pretty close but ran out of caster. LR UCAs may be in my future but it'll take some time to reload the money cannon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke