Recovery strap nearly decapitates cameraman

freedomrider

Ordinary average guy
Either mean or median works, assuming a normal bell curve...
True. Out of curiosity I Googled "IQ and normal versus skewed distribution" and learned that IQ tests are designed to produce a normal distribution. And yes, it's a slow night here.

Strizzo

Explorer
Also doesn't help when you're being a fool and standing within the reach / radius of the strap / rope / chain. And there's no drag weight on it, too. Need to stand / stay clear when that sort of action is happening.

yep, thats why you don't stand in the circles. its like the four rules of gun safety, nobody gets hurt unless you break two or three rules at the same time.

exmilitary

Former grunt.
Like we learned in the infantry, "if you have nothing to do, don't do it here..."

So essentially unless you're the one that got stuck, the one recovering the one that got stuck (or the spotter, if needed), you don't need to be there.

I know we all revel in others' misery, I'm no different lol. Just be a spectator at a safe distance. I bring a tourniquet, but that doesn't mean I 'want' to use it because of a flying shackle, cable whip, etc :coffee: Invest in a zoom lens or a quality camera for YouTube ;)

Just an observation from a long time lurker ;-)

Last edited:

Brewtus

Adventurer
On my trip a few weeks ago, had a little wrangler pull me out of a boggy bit. He bumped me a little bit, but nothing ridiculous. However, after he got me out, we looked at his back bumper and it was nearly ripped off. His response was, oh yeh, last time that happened, I just bent it back... He did not pull me out of anything else that trip.

Beware of Jeep bumpers. I had assumed that a hitch mount D-link would be fine, but I forget that not everyone has their hitch attached to the frame to be good for 120,000 lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne