Overland Expo West Roll Call

yabanja

Explorer
We are heading to Overland Expo in flagstaff with FIDO. Hoping for dry weather this year so we can actually interact a bit more with others!! Who else is going?

Allan

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
We are heading to Overland Expo in flagstaff with FIDO. Hoping for dry weather this year so we can actually interact a bit more with others!! Who else is going?

Allan

We will be there... I am teaching my class on how (not) to break your truck in half, along with a couple of roundtables.

If you are able to sign up, the frame failure class is an interesting and informative look on the pros and cons of the different payload mounting approaches, with examples and demos. Presented by someone (me) with first person experience on the art of breaking and mending truck frames. :)

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Allan and Jon - not this year for us. Our daughter is getting married in June and we are in full on wedding prep mode. Hopefully we will see you all next year.

May the ground below your tires stay solid this year!

******** and Robin

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Yep, I'll be there again. Not with FG though, and I'll more than likely be camping on the Westerly ridge (I learned my lesson last year) and riding a small motorcycle back and forth. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Howard70

Adventurer
Prima Terra

Hello Alan:

Heidi and I will be there with Prima Terra. This will be her third year - I think she knows the way.

Do you have any plans afterwards? Several EarthCruisers are meeting up 23 May for some frolicking. Would be fun to have you join us. Send me PM if interested.

Howard

david506th

Adventurer
Man that's hard to call as the past few years you could barely walk due to weather. I would suggest contacting the Event organizers and they may be able to put you in a area that drains well or has good access.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I am planning on going to the EXPO and would like to know how easy would it be to get around on a wheel chair?

It's an outdoor area - a dry lake bed which means level grass / dirt / gravel with very few paved paths. If that is manageable for you then you should be fine as long as it doesn't turn into a mud-bog again. They were letting mobility impaired use side-by-sides to get around the vendor area last year but ended up clamping down because the honor system was being badly abused.

Not sure if you plan on camping or day-tripping, but if you plan on camping check with the organizers and I'm sure that there is some accommodation that they can make in terms of making sure there is a suitable spot available for you.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I am planning on going to the EXPO and would like to know how easy would it be to get around on a wheel chair?

The answer is, it depends. An electric chair with small tires might have trouble in places. We've had athletic people in manual chairs who get around better than some people can walk. If it's muddy that would certainly make things much more challenging. Here is the paragraph from the FAQ page on the website:

Is the venue accessible for limited mobility / handicapped people?
Attendees with limited mobility will be able to park in our handicapped-designated areas. There are accessible bathrooms, and we include accessible porta-a-johns in the camping and vendor areas. The venue is level, but graveled; wheelchair access to vendors and the camping area could be challenging. It will be extremely difficult if an unlikely rain adds mud to the equation. Please contact us for more information, and we’ll do our best to make your visit as easy as possible.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
We will be there! Hoping to mtn bike for a few days before the event in Sedona. I look forward to chatting with you Fuso experts over a beer.

Cheers

Butch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke