Overland Expo West Roll Call

dlh62c

Explorer
[/IMG]
4f4adaae2fe80923f34974438d4ae5e0.jpg

I sure like the look of that Morgan Cargo Body build. It has a robust industrial look about it.

Heidi

EarthCruiser's at Expo West

A couple of photos of the EarthCruiser section at Expo.

This year has been very windy, but that doesn't seem to slow the visitor's down much. Many booths had to take down their canopies early Saturday since many were nearly flying off during the more violent wind gusts! Unfortunately, no drone photo flights today.

20160521_115253.jpg20160521_192800-1.jpg20160521_115312(0)-1.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
This was our first Overland Expo. What a great event! We met soo many easy going people and will cretainly come back. As mentioned by others earlier, the wind on saturday was something else... It was soo strong that we had to take down our booth at 9am and called it a day. Sorry to everyone that wanted to chat with us that day.
We stayed an extra night Sunday and enjoyed a wonderful evening with a great bunch of around the world travellers.
Can't wait to build our own expo truck and display it next year :)

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for a great event to everyone at Overland Expo! It was our first time out and will definitely be back. Our gift to the expo was smoking and BBQ'ing 40+ racks of ribs on a Traeger BBQ which appeared to have been well received as they went faster than hotcakes.

We took a ton of photos and posted a simple photo blog of them all here: http://decked.com/decked-hits-overland-expo/IMG_9794 2.jpg

See you all next year!

IMG_9794 2.jpgIMG_9794 2.jpg

syncromark

BASE 4X4 concept

Re: FUSO with the yellow pop-up ... that's me!

I made a few new friends at Overland Expo last week ... though it's not quite finished, I thought it was time to share online. The concept: minimal build, an insulated aluminum enclosure, with a pop-top (and sleeping platform), with basic electrical and plumbing in place. A purchaser would complete the build, outfitting to their taste/budget/needs. Affordable [comparatively] at something under $100K: about the same as a SportsMobile, well less than an Earthcruiser. The price will depend somewhat on cost of cab/chassis [new/used]; availability/build-schedule dependent on same. I'd love to hear feedback on basic features that you all would consider 'must-haves' ... and what are 'nice-to-have' options: pass-through? Flip-out-side tent/sleeping-area? shower? ... what else?? Also ... the prototype will be for sale in the next couple of months, once I've proven a few more details and worn out the promotional value :) . Probably around $75K.
What do you all think: am I crazy? Let the rocks fly!
Hmmm ... am so sorry, just discovered it won't let me upload images ... probably because I've been a lurker all these years and not much of a poster. Or maybe because they're big images and I'm an idiot. Check out the website? BASE4X4 dot COM
Thanks
Mark

DzlToy

Explorer
Height of RV box with the top stowed and with it raised?

Wheelbase? (assume stock FG)

Overall length of box?

Approximate weight of box (for lifting/removal purposes)?

Cool concept,

Cheers

K.Ray

Adventurer
Album of photos I shot over the two weeks we were out west. The majority from Expo West. Hoping the Fido folks are in here. Wanted to pass along the photo I took of them in Flagstaff. Great folks!

Album: http://imgur.com/a/pHI2a

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles