LR3 OEM Rack Accessories

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Has anyone used Thule accessories like the ski holder or surfboard holder with the OEM LR rack?

I'm not certain at this point whether I am trying to talk myself into or out of installing the Frontrunner rack. Frontrunner has an awesome selection of accessories for their rack.

Cheers,

dsm02c

Adventurer
No experience with the OEM rack, but I do have the frontrunner rack, the accessories are what sold me on it, in terms of useful and easy to use / install, I don't think you can beat the frontrunner... Lots of guys like the prospeed, I also might take a look at the K9 rack... The frontrunner is a little louder than I would like coming into a strong headwind.

ar4me

Adventurer
I have the OEM expedition rack on my LR4, a friend has the frontrunner rack on his LR3 - we do a lot of camping, and I wish I had access to a similar set of accessories... to the point of having bought some frontrunner accessories and modified them to work on my factory roof rack... If I could do it all over I would get the frontrunner rack - no experience with other racks.

Mx468

Observer
oem rack with some rack accessories

I have the oem expedition rack and I use the snowboard ski holder from thule on mine, you could buy the screw adapters that slide in the slats if you want the ski holder to be flush, or just attach them to the bars using the regular hardware that comes with the rack. I also built myself my own gas can holders for under 40 bucks and use quick fists which you can slide in the channels to hold down and carry shovels, axe, etc...

Has anyone used Thule accessories like the ski holder or surfboard holder with the OEM LR rack?

I'm not certain at this point whether I am trying to talk myself into or out of installing the Frontrunner rack. Frontrunner has an awesome selection of accessories for their rack.

Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4193.jpg
    IMG_4193.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6427.jpg
    IMG_6427.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6429.jpg
    IMG_6429.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6537.jpg
    IMG_6537.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6544.jpg
    IMG_6544.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8017.jpg
    IMG_8017.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8022.jpg
    IMG_8022.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 20

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Thank you for the feedback. Especially the pictures.

Mx468- Does the ski rack (mine will hold surf rods) come with and attach with clamps that go over the racks slats? I wasn't sure they would be big enough. Are those Frontrunner tie down rings?

Mx468

Observer
Yes and yes. I also bought some crossbars that were used on a disco 2 and made them fit the expo rack. Same ones used on the g4's.

ar4me

Adventurer
I have the oem expedition rack and I use the snowboard ski holder from thule on mine, you could buy the screw adapters that slide in the slats if you want the ski holder to be flush, or just attach them to the bars using the regular hardware that comes with the rack. I also built myself my own gas can holders for under 40 bucks and use quick fists which you can slide in the channels to hold down and carry shovels, axe, etc...
Which curved led light bar is that? What size? Does it follow in the contour of the expedition rack well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier